Unable to synchronize profile

Unable to synchronize profile

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:18 pm

I just migrated my Firefox profile to a new computer since my old one died. When I logged into mywot.com, I got a message asking me to synchronize my profile, so I clicked yes. The result was a bunch of error messages about my session having expired, and no matter how often I click "Synchronize" now, it doesn't work.

Oh, and apparently all my rating were deleted. :/

Sami

Re: Unable to synchronize profile

Post by Sami » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm

I noticed the "your profile has expired" messages too after synchronizing, but synchronization should otherwise work normally. Try clearing your cookies and restarting the browser.

Oh, and apparently all my rating were deleted. :/

No they weren't, they'll be there once the synchronization is completed.

Whew

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 am

Thanks, that's a relief! I just saw the empty "My ratings" tab and assumed the worst. It's all good now.

TassieDevil7

Synchronize

Post by TassieDevil7 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:19 am

I am new to being a registered member to WOT.
On my introductory email it says to go to my profile page and tick "Synchronize".
However, on going there ; I can't find it .
Is this important to tick?

demonluo

if u didn't see it ur

Post by demonluo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:49 am

if u didn't see it ur profile r fine...
"Synchronize" is for fixing profile when u use different pc/broswer...
Platinum Level Member of the WOT Community

Definition

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:58 am

To expand . . . "different" = "another", and it must be either IE or FF to have the WOT add on that needs to be synchronized.. If the "other" browser is, say, Chrome or Opera then there's no issue of synchronization because you have to log in each and every session.

To put it in other words, synchronization applies ONLY if you're using another browser that takes the add on . . . which is IE or FF. And they can be either on the same machine or another machine.

And if you're only using ONE browser, there IS NO issue of synchronization. You will see the synchronization button ONLY if it's ANOTHER iteration of IE or FF.

c۞g

settings

Post by c۞g » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:48 am

Settings -> Advanced
[ x ] Log in automatically to mywot.com and enable features that require the add-on (recommended)

If that option is not checked, there is no need to synchronize.
∞ Opto, ergo sum
_https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_You_and_I

tito10

RE: Unable to synchronize profile

Post by tito10 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:57 pm

I'm using WOT with safari 9.1.3 When I go to my profile there is no tab to synchronise. If I try to edit my profile I can't select any options. I'm using duckduckgo as search engine and I can see the reputation icons next to links on the search results links Anyone can help?

NotBuyingIt

RE: Unable to synchronize profile

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:40 pm

I'm using WOT with safari 9.1.3 When I go to my profile there is no tab to synchronise. If I try to edit my profile I can't select any options. I'm using duckduckgo as search engine and I can see the reputation icons next to links on the search results links Anyone can help?
The Synchronize tab shouldn't ordinarily appear in a user's profile unless synchronization is required.

The current version of the WOT extension for Safari is 3.0.6. I don't know whether any version that WOT released prior to November 2016 is supported any longer. See my earlier reply at
https://www.mywot.com/forum/84444-using ... ent-372176

Please contact the WOT staff by email for personal assistance. The staff's contact address and details of your browser configuration that the WOT staff typically needs to assist you are listed at
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/83518-co ... at-s-ahead
I suggest that you send your request from the same email account which you registered for your WOT user account.

If you receive a solution that may be helpful to others, please share it in this discussion thread.

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

Dramp

Re: Unable to synchronize profile

Post by Dramp » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:58 pm

I do not have a "sync" button.
She never showed up.
Rating is always "0" in the add-on, the account does not change if you use the add-on for ratings.

Firefox Quantum 58.0.2