Why can't WOT read and check PHP Forum Links And T

anandnav

Why can't WOT read and check PHP Forum Links And T

Post by anandnav » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Hello to everyone,

Well since I own a social and welfare website which has PHP Forum(phpbb2) I had to face lot of problems always with spy bots which registered with links and contents which WOT cannot even check so it was terrible for me to check and testify such contents to not just make web safer but also make my forum and website safer.

Later onwards I had to completely shift my blog because the web bots or spy bots were winning and I had to completely destroy and movie my blog and later onwards install it all over again with strong Anti Spam Mods system and Powerful Catcha MOD which makes now impossible for these spam bots to sign up and now even my testing has great results I was wondering why not someone integrate WOT for php forums and websites as in form of a MOD so that no one else could have problems which I had to face for months.

It would be really nice for WOT system and also millions of php website forums to have such a type of system and someone from WOT or its users should take this into consideration and develop WOT in a more powerful way.

Thank you and waiting for reply or comments :)

Best regards,

Anand N.

AADreams.com

Owner And CEO.

Sami

re:Why can't WOT read and check PHP Forum Links And T

Post by Sami » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:25 am

Do you mean you'd like to see WOT reputations on all posted links on your forum? Or would you like to stop people from posting links with a bad reputation in the first place?

anandnav

Post by anandnav » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:42 pm

Hello Sami

well I exactly meant that WOT be able to check reputation on all posted links in forum and also in members profiles and I all ready stopped such activaty by not letting them sign up on my forum and from posting links but it only works on robots and when any real human signs up it cannot be stopped from using bad things on our site.

But so far its going quiet well but I really want WOT to be integrated with php forum or blog system of such kind and it would be better for WOT community spreading too as there are lots of users from around the world who face such problems and cant install any MODS which is always not an easy and stable task so making a WOT MOD which works in PHP forum would really be useful for everyone.

Or if not possible (but nothing is impossible these days) just WOT be able to check php scripts technology to do reputation checking of links.

Thank you for your reply Sami.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:48 pm

That's an interesting idea, which a knowledgeable PHP coder could probably implement today using our (very simple) API:

http://www.mywot.com/en/wot/blog/2006/12/19/

I'll add this to our list of things to look into, although we most likely won't have time to get to it until the major add-on update we've been working on is out the door.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

anandnav

Post by anandnav » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 am

Thank you as well Sami for taking your time and also for adding this idea in your list.

Well I am still learning a bit of PHP so I wont be able to do it now and our website is coming close to its completion and hope to make more improvements in its new design too.

I was wondering if WOT can give reputation country location wise? because in each country the rules are different specially for Safe Destination For Children ratings.

Anyways I will try to look into the API which you have provided and include it in our development as well.

Thank you again, specially for making WOT and have a nice day.

Sami

Post by Sami » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:11 am

Sorry, WOT doesn't currently support localized reputations.

anandnav

Post by anandnav » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:23 am

Thank you Sami, I guess it has been quiet a nice discussions till now.

Have a nice day and also hope to work on it someday for sure from both the sides.

Just one final question I have in my mind still.

Is there an WOT HTML Code which we could insert in our web page so that visitors could check if any website is safe or not?

And also an submit of any site in such search and submit?

Sorry I have not looked in all forum and blog for it so I thought of asking here.

Thank you again.

Sami

Post by Sami » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:54 am

That depends, what kind of code do you have in mind?

At the moment, we don't have any scripts that would insert reputations to a page, but if you only want to look up reputations, you can use the "Ask WOT" page:

http://api.mywot.com/ask/

I'm pretty sure we already have plans to whip up something better though. Just give us a couple of months.

anandnav

Post by anandnav » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi Sami,

Well "ASK WOT" was exactly what I meant and I wanted to ask you if we could insert same way on our websites, plus also use search along with submit button function in it, was another of my thought.

And "Ask WOT" is really nice and I am sure you would also come up better always.

Thank you Sami again and have a nice day.