Why is tracking positive/neutral?

Patrick Traill

Why is tracking positive/neutral?

Post by Patrick Traill » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:06 pm

I think that “Online tracking” should be classified as Questionable, but you have it under Positive/neutral — why?

RE: Why is tracking positive/neutral?

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 am

@Patrick Traill =

Welcome to WOT, I agree and though I cannot answer your question , I will wait for the answer
I like to know the reason , as well
Best regards
Edit -
I imagine that [cite]Alternative or controversial medicine [/cite] should be moved to [cite]Questionable[/cite] or be removed altogether, while [cite]only for children [/cite] should be worded as safe for children or minors,[cite]
Other user's opinion[/cite]repeats[cite] Good site[/cite] while it could have [cite] opinions, religion, politics[/cite]IMO, the score card is evolving and should reflect these changes, though the color of the circle or doughnut, is doing a better job, in alerting people about how, we trust a site, but the moment a user goes to the score card, it becomes a bit confusing I do believe that [cite] Positive [/cite] does not need to have [cite] Neutral [/cite]it should simply be positive

donsorg

Post by donsorg » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:21 am

<quote user="superhero58">
Other user's opinion[/cite]repeats[cite] Good site[/cite]
[/quote]

What version of WOT do you have? Latest versions shouldn't show "Good site" category in the "Other users' opinion" section. This was fixed several months ago.

MadMonk357

Post by MadMonk357 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for asking the question. I am new to the site and this was one thing I did not like about the program. Did you up date your version, if so, did it solve the problem?

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:53 am

The categories are still a mess no matter how you slice it. I finally got a response from the developers and they like it the way it is. I wonder what planet they live on???

Sami

Post by Sami » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:31 pm

<quote user="apollo702">
The categories are still a mess no matter how you slice it. I finally got a response from the developers and they like it the way it is. I wonder what planet they live on???
[/quote]

On a planet that's shared by people other than you too, and their views of the world do not necessarily match yours. Online tracking is neutral because it applies to many sites that are not questionable. For example, URL shorteners that are used for tracking clicks for ads or social media.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm

<quote user="donsorg">
What version of WOT do you have? Latest versions shouldn't show "Good site" category in the "Other users' opinion" section. This was fixed several months ago.
[/quote]
I didn't see this post until now , but the one I have now is FF 26
" appears as before , but it comes with a " I disagree "
Other user's opinion repeats Good site , you could click it to disagree or just leave it alone
I am getting the impression that Mozilla wants to operate as MSN and for what its worth , some banks have not adapted to any other FF that would go beyond FF23
I could not log in to one of my accounts , and they only way I could do that was by using Internet Explorer , is off topic but it could be helpful , to anyone that goes through that problem
I was told by customer service that, they were working on the "glitch"

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:28 am

<quote user="sami">
On a planet that's shared by people other than you too, and their views of the world do not necessarily match yours. Online tracking is neutral because it applies to many sites that are not questionable. For example, URL shorteners that are used for tracking clicks for ads or social media.
[/quote]

URL shorteners are one of the leading online risks. Furthermore, when does making- or thinking about making a purchase- require also giving away a DNA sample to be sold to the highest bidder?

Do you have any other arguments in favor of tracking better than that?

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:06 am

<quote user="sami">Online tracking is neutral because ...[/quote]
The confusion lies in that [green]Positive[/green] and Neutral rating categories are displayed in the same "box" So it appears that "online tracking" is a [green]positive[/green] rating category.

IMHO there should be 4 category rating boxes:
  1. Positive
  2. Neutral
  3. Questionable
  4. Negative

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:04 am

<quote user="c۞g">
The confusion lies in that [green]Positive[/green] and Neutral rating categories are displayed in the same "box" So it appears that "online tracking" is a [green]positive[/green] rating category.

IMHO there should be 4 category rating boxes:
  1. Positive
  2. Neutral
  3. Questionable
  4. Negative
[/quote]

That would definitely cut the confusion but I fear that the WOT team is stuck and they are going to dig in their heels.