Windows Phone - Windows 10 Mobile app

Windows Phone - Windows 10 Mobile app

Post by Guest » Sat May 07, 2016 9:08 am

As usual, there is Android, iOS app, but Windows Mobile is totally forgotten. I known it's not so popular in U.S. while the situation is better in few European countries (Oh, i live in Italy, where Windows mobile is quite popular).

Next (near future) steps: I'll stop use any site and service service that ignores the app for Windows Mobile.

Самаритянин

RE: Windows Phone - Windows 10 Mobile app

Post by Самаритянин » Sat May 07, 2016 9:11 am

Приложение для Android появилось совсем недавно, думаю скоро и для остальных тоже сделают.

maksim_luchinin

Post by maksim_luchinin » Sat May 07, 2016 12:47 pm

<quote user="netxack">
Приложение для Android появилось совсем недавно, думаю скоро и для остальных тоже сделают.
[/quote]

Вчера пытался с windows phone авторизоваться, это просто кошмар. Авторизовывает только с пятого раза и если на пару минут забыть про сайт и погаснет экран, сессия теряется и все заново. Такое чувство, что вверху слои невидимые накладываются и не дают войти.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat May 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Boycotting services that don't support Windows phones might be a bit short-sighted. The reason WOT came out with an Android app first is because they have the highest market share of mobile operating systems. With MyWOT Team's limited resources, they chose to begin development on the mobile operating system that has the most popularity and the lowest barrier to entry for their online store.

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:08 am

Windows Phone is dead

htxxtp://www.theverge.com/2016/1/28/10864034/windows-phone-is-dead

Windows Phone is Irrelevant Today

htxxtps://www.thurrott.com/mobile/windows-phone/66491/windows-phone-irrelevant-today-still-future

Microsoft killing Azure Mobile Services in December
December: Azure Mobile Services becomes unavailable “by the end of the year.”

htxxtp://venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/microsoft-killing-azure-mobile-services-in-december-will-migrate-sites-to-app-service-starting-september-1/

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Wed May 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Windows Mobile may not be as large in terms of user numbers, but it's not even close to dead ;)

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed May 11, 2016 9:00 pm

<quote user="mysteryfcm">
Windows Mobile may not be as large in terms of user numbers, but it's not even close to dead ;)
[/quote]

True; they are merging it with Windows 10, which does have the unintended side effect of providing a web browser that is fast on an old 2008 era Intel Atom/NVIDIA ION netbook, probably a trickle-down from its optimization for running on lower end phones.

However, I'm sure WOT chose Android as the first platform as I already stated due to its user base and its low(er) barrier of entry for the official store (although if they wanted they could distribute themselves, something not allowed on the #2 platform).