WOT blocking full image results on DuckDuckGo.

Mark79K

WOT blocking full image results on DuckDuckGo.

Post by Mark79K » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 am

Whenever I search for images on DuckDuckGo in Firefox with WOT enabled I don't get the full results for example miniature schnauzer, but if I disable WOT then I get the full results. This is very annoying please fix. :(

Myxt

Re: WOT blocking full image results on DuckDuckGo.

Post by Myxt » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:26 am

Test, with Firefox v64.0 x64 and WoT browser add-on v20180622.0 in Windows 10 x64:

1. I started Firefox, disabled the WoT add-on, used Duck-Duck-Go to search for> miniature schnauzer
and got a description and image in a pale gray top banner followed by 29 returns, each with its own colorful web site "favicon", in page1.

2. I started Firefox, enabled the WoT add-on, used Duck-Duck-Go to search for> miniature schnauzer
and got the same Search Engine Results Page 1.

Mark79K

Post by Mark79K » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:26 pm

Well that's funny because I'm running the exact same version of Firefox and WOT (Firefox version 64 64bit WOT version 20180622.0) only difference is the OS in my case Kubuntu 18.04.1.
And I'm still having issues with image search results on DDG except when I disable WOT. :(

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:56 am

I know enough about Linux to create beautiful crashes; but here's a WAG: Do you have other extensions or apps (such as security packages) that mark individual search results in the browser (such as with safety icons)? I do in W10 and, at times during development cycles, when more than one chunk of code is trying to stuff icons into my SERPs, they get kind of .... messy. At one point, I even had my security package marking both the SERP links and my WoT score image links; conversely, WoT was trying to show trust scores on all of that. Oogly.

Mark79K

Post by Mark79K » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Well we're obviously speaking a different language I'm not speaking about search results but image results here I leave a link so that you'll know what I'm talking about.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=miniature+sch ... &ia=images

I'm talking about images not web on DDG.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 pm

Currently, neither DuckDuckGo nor Bing image searches return the WOT "traffic light" or "donut" rating icons for individual images when I use either the Firefox or Google Chrome web browsers (Mac OS).

When I use Google Chrome, individual icons are returned for each image in a Google search. However, WOT performs very poorly in the Firefox browser (Mac OS) and I need to reload the search results page several times to view individual icons for each image in a Google search.

Now then, as far as the number of images returned in a DuckDuckGo search, reloading the search-results webpage seems to provide more images in either browser sometimes.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:34 am

OK, when I add "images" to my search terms, DDG gives me a regular dog-pile of images in Firefox matching the results in Chrome.
But of course, this is in W10. Two things I can think of that might be cross-platform would be:

Firefox > Options > General tab > Performance section (3rd from bottom)
_ > disable "Use recommended performance settings;
_ > enable "Use hardware acceleration when available";
_ > set "Content process limit" to "4 (default)".

Last, my Firefox is set to clear all history on exit (I frequently exit).

Otherwise, send a screenshot and description to support@mywot.com