WOT,Firefox,NetscapeNavigator9.0b3

BMENON

WOT,Firefox,NetscapeNavigator9.0b3

Post by BMENON » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:51 am

-I have been using the fine&dependable services of WOT with Firefox for a long time,but WOT did not start after updating to Firefox2.0.0.5, and now with Firefox2.0.0.6 it does not work.I tried disabling all other addons as suggested in replies in WOT-help.;but no way.So, I had to uninstall WOT and tried another similar Firefox addon 'Finjan' which is ok, for fear of dangerous sites.

Since I became addict to WOT, will it be possible to make it compatible to Firefox 2.0.0.6 ?

2)I have now another browser NetscapeNavigator 9.0b3 in which I tried WOT as that browser uses Firefox engine and allows its addons and WOT works fine in NetscapeNavigator9.0b3.

So,will it be possible to include Netscape Search also in WOT's>Preferences>Browsing>SelectedWebsitesList to show reputations of its search ?

Sami

re:WOT,Firefox,NetscapeNavigator9.0b3

Post by Sami » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:24 pm

The WOT add-on is compatible with all Firefox 2.0.0.x versions. Which version of the add-on are you using? Have you tried reinstalling it?

I'll get back to you on adding reputations to Netscape search results, it shouldn't be a problem.

Sami

Post by Sami » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:49 pm

You can add reputations to Netscape Search by appending the following search rule to your user.js file and restarting Firefox:

http://api.mywot.com/search/netscape.txt

For more information, please read (at least the beginning) of this blog post:

http://www.mywot.com/en/wot/blog/2007/5/39/

BMENON

re:WOT,Firefox,NetscapeNavigator9.0b

Post by BMENON » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

Now, I uninstalled Finjan from Firefox and reinstalled WOT again.This I've done several times before.Even now it does'nt work, says"trying to get reputations"--waited for half- an - hour,but not responding.I use WOT vn.

20070501.;both in Firefox & Navigator.Now I am typing this using NetscapeNavigator,here WOT functions very well.

2)With regard to appending 'netscape.txt' to user.js file , eventhough I read the

Advanced configuration details & User.js file MozillaZine KnowledgeBase and

ChromEditPlus user manual, I am unable to do that since I am not an expert.

Therefore, please include this 'reputations to Netscape Search' in the the next vn. of WOT.Thanks again.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:46 pm

You could try creating a new Firefox profile and installing the WOT add-on there. If it works, something has gone wrong with your existing profile.

BMENON

Post by BMENON » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:58 pm

I have appended the searchrules you have given in http://api.mywot.com/search/netscape.txt to my yuser.js file and restarted NetscapeNavigator and now WOT is very well giving the reputations of the Netscape search resutls. Thank you very much.

I did it like this:-Installed ChromEditPlus, Opened ChromEdit>user.js and then copied the search- rules given by you in the above link and pasted, saved and restarted the Navigator.It worked well without any faults.

Thanks a lot again.

BMENON

Automatic disabling of WOT when Firefox is in offline

Post by BMENON » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:14 pm

When Firefox works in offline WOT gets disabled automatically, but it does not get enabled when in online.In Firefox Tools>WOT>menu I checked it as 'Enabled".; but it remains disabled showing this message:-
"Disabled while the browser is offline"
Is there any method to enable WOT ?(There is no provision in the settings to make it enabled.)

Sami

Re: Automatic disabling of WOT when Firefox is in offline

Post by Sami » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:28 pm

I have never been able to reproduce the problem, but [url=https://www.mywot.com'/forum/777#comment-1040' t=_self]here's how to fix it[/url].

BMENON

Re:Automatic disbling of WOT when Firefox is in offline&enabling

Post by BMENON » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:51 am

I did in Firefox about:config according to your advice(Open about:config, type in browser.offline to the filter field, right click the appearing item in the preference list and select Reset from the pop-up menu).It worked and now WOT is enabled again!! Thank you so much for the immediate advice.
(I don't know why Firefox has no option to 'reset' its 'offline feature" to make its Addons..Extentions to perform well)I shall raise this issue in Mozillazine or Firefox3Beta forums so that they may include it in their final Vn.