WOT protection

funkynunky

WOT protection

Post by funkynunky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Is there any way one WOT can be used to protect Hotmail emails as well as GMail ?(I have both)

WOT is NOT an antivirus

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:57 pm

WOT is NOT an antivirus package, and as such won't "protect" your IMAP accounts. It is simply a recommendation for which sites are safe, NOT an email "protector".

Hotmail and Gmail both have their own antivirus scanners . . . Hotmail I think uses Trend Micro, and I don't know which one Gmail uses.

If you have a good antivirus package locally, it should alert you if you attempt to open an infected file from an email. Most free packages don't scan emails, but most retail versions do. All, however, will alert you if you attempt to open an infected file (assuming your definitions are up to date).

funkynunky

Email preotection

Post by funkynunky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Thank you Bobjam - my original request was very badly worded. It isn't "protection" that I need, but simply I would like WOT's safe site indications on my Hotmail emails, just as I am already receiving on my GMail emails. When I first downloaded WOT, it did state that GMails would show the WOT recommendations (i.e. the different coloured rings) and I am simply wondering if I can get the same information on my Hotmail emails.

I AM fully protected with anti-virus and anti-spyware programmes.
Many thanks - IAN (funkynunky)

phantazm

Widget wanted..?

Post by phantazm » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:54 pm

For webmasters there's a widget that displays
the wot icon next to any link on a site.

An email system should not be so different,
or am I wrong..? But a good idea..!

Security_Wiz

Poll

Post by Security_Wiz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:38 am

You can vote for a WOT icon next to your email links in the latest WOT poll. You can vote for either Hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, Lycos, or Excite.

zappin

WOT Update

Post by zappin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:11 am

How do I find the update?