WoT Trusted Seal, consider lower price?

jcamacho

WoT Trusted Seal, consider lower price?

Post by jcamacho » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:03 pm

I think the pricing of the WoT Trust seals should be reconsidered.

At 29.90 € per month you're talking about $472.91 USD per year. The websites that benefit the most from the trust seal are sites that are not well established and well known which means they aren't likely to want to spend that amount per year.

If it was 5 € per month you would have many more clients using the Trust Seal service which would in turn increase popularity in general for WoT. The more popular WoT is the more likely companies would be interested in the seal.

Sami

RE: WoT Trusted Seal, consider lower price?

Post by Sami » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:49 am

Thanks for the suggestion, but I believe we will be phasing out trust seals in the near future.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:22 pm

phase out.....or make....free? ;)

Whats the plan with the enterprise add-on, any plans on pricing/features with that? A good feature would be rating over rides so the company can mark a website as good even though the WoT community incorrectly marked as bad.

th3br41n

Post by th3br41n » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:40 pm

<quote user="jcamacho">
A good feature would be rating over rides so the company can mark a website as good even though the WoT community incorrectly marked as bad.
[/quote]

In my opinion, this has no sense and it is contrary to the WOT community principles.
Please, consider that "an override feature for companies" + "payment (of any type)" would actually mean that WOT requires a payment to restore a website reputation.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:44 pm

<quote user="th3br41n">
In my opinion, this has no sense and it is contrary to the WOT community principles.
Please, consider that "an override feature for companies" + "payment (of any type)" would actually mean that WOT requires a payment to restore a website reputation.
[/quote]

If you have a company and are using the enterprise addon why would you think it would be acceptable for YOUR employees using YOUR enterprise version of WoT (assuming it will have some sort of company configuration capabilities i mean) to receive warnings on good websites that your company may use on a daily basis.

th3br41n

Post by th3br41n » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm

<quote user="jcamacho">
If you have a company and are using the enterprise addon why would you think it would be acceptable for YOUR employees using YOUR enterprise version of WoT (assuming it will have some sort of company configuration capabilities i mean) to receive warnings on good websites that your company may use on a daily basis.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I really do not understand the link between your latter post, my comment and your previous post.
In your previous post you talk about an ovveride feature, in the latter about warnings.

I was just commenting the "override feature" (I quoted that part of your post).

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:13 pm

ill do scenario based explanation.

1. Company installs enterprise WoT addon on all of their machines.
2. A website they use is marked as spam by the WoT community and now showing warnings about the site.
3. Company can set a rating override for WoTs community rating so that employees
  • in the company
using the enterprise WoT see the green symbol and know its safe regardless if some confused WoT individual made the site red.

Make sense? so only the people using that companies enterprise would see it as green...the rest of the WoT world will still have to deal with the false positive of red. Just a suggestion.

th3br41n

Post by th3br41n » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:04 pm

<quote user="jcamacho">

2. A website they use is marked as spam by the WoT community and now showing warnings about the site.
3. Company can set a rating override for WoTs community rating so that employees
  • in the company
using the enterprise WoT see the green symbol and know its safe regardless if some confused WoT individual made the site red.

Make sense? so only the people using that companies enterprise would see it as green...the rest of the WoT world will still have to deal with the false positive of red. Just a suggestion.
[/quote]

now it is clear... but I think a company is more interested in external users... However, a configurable alert is a good idea...

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:31 am

<quote user="jcamacho">

3. Company can set a rating override for WoTs community rating so that employees in the company using the enterprise WoT see the green symbol and know its safe regardless ...

Make sense? so only the people using that companies enterprise would see it as green...
[/quote]
Try that line of reasoning on VeriSign - maybe post their response back here.

Alternate scenario1:

1. Company is a scam operation. Employees are microworkers who are paid to perform very specific tasks and not to ask questions.
2. Company installs a trust seal and tweaks it to keep employees in the dark like mushrooms (I'm sure you know the euphemism).

Alternate scenario2:

1. It becomes known that the trust seal can be tweaked.
2. Hackers design and sell scripts for tweaking it.

Alternate scenario3:

1. If a trust seal can be compromised, it is no longer a trust seal but another charade among many.

th3br41n

Post by th3br41n » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 am

<quote user="myxt">
[...]
[/quote]

I agree, the good idea (in my opinion) is a configurable warning that alerts if the rating of a monitored website changes.