WOT: Two Problems:

Erwin Rommelfan

WOT: Two Problems:

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:24 am

1. When I go into "My ratings" the ratings don't show up. Screenshot ---> https://imgur.com/a/ZxhZY

2. I cannot change my rating on any scorecard. When I click on "Change My rating" it does nothing.

Site-rater

RE: WOT: Two Problems:

Post by Site-rater » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:55 am

For the latter issue try searching the domain in question in the search box to get a "clean" scorecard URL. If you link via a URL that ends in #rate it seems to mess things up.

Erwin Rommelfan

Web Of Trust Issues not resolved

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Tue May 22, 2018 8:10 pm

I made a post about this in November of 2017, that on my page "My Ratings" won't show up. On the bottom there's a rotating wheel and that's it.

Also I 'am logged in, but when I rate sites on their scorecard it says I 'am not logged in, and when I try to log in there's an error saying "'fetch' is undefined."

Here's some screenshots to help show what I' am talking about:
https://ibb.co/ebLqFo (Fig 1)
https://ibb.co/dNRVFo (Fig 2)
https://ibb.co/jv0CT8 (Fig 3)

Myxt

Re: WOT: Two Problems:

Post by Myxt » Wed May 23, 2018 6:23 am

Using Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, at all, can explain many problems.
The WoT browser add-on is not currently offered for Internet Explorer. See https://www.mywot.com/en/download#
I guess you are using an obsolete version that may not play well with the many recent WoT system updates.

Erwin Rommelfan

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Wed May 23, 2018 7:54 am

Myxt wrote: ↑
Wed May 23, 2018 6:23 am
Using Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, at all, can explain many problems.
The WoT browser add-on is not currently offered for Internet Explorer. See https://www.mywot.com/en/download#
I guess you are using an obsolete version that may not play well with the many recent WoT system updates.
I'm thinking about reinstalling WOT with a newer version of it, if any.
As for Internet Explorer its been my default browser way before I joined WOT.
Other browsers such as Firefox, Google chrome are too unfamiliar for me.

My friend had a bad experience with Mozilla Firefox while watching a stream of baseball his computer got a virus. Kinda tuned me off from using it.

Erwin Rommelfan

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Reinstalling WOT did not work. All problems still persist.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Fri May 25, 2018 7:41 am

There's no current version of WoT for IE; so maybe you reinstalled an old version you saved. An old version probably can't talk to the new WoT.
EDIT to add: Make sure to get the WoT browser add-on starting only from mywot.com - not from any other domain.

Like you, IE was "my default browser way before I joined WoT" and other browsers were "too unfamiliar". So I suffered with IE's quirks for a long time. At some point, I realized that IE was unable to render web pages according to W3C specs, that it was especially insecure, and that it supported very few really useful add-ons; so I forced myself to use Firefox, Chrome, and Opera (back when they were each separately developed).

At first, Chrome really sucked: it was fast, crude, and not much else. Opera was unstable. Firefox was popular, so it had lots of add-ons. Since my purpose in life was not to find perfection in browser-land, I waited and tested occasionally. The non-IE browsers quickly improved and began making sense to me, the user.

Now my default browser is Chrome, lightly armored, and tuned to give away as little personal information as possible. By comparison, using IE now feels like reverting to stone knives and bear-skin rugs.

About your friend getting a virus by watching streamed baseball using Firefox: He may have been using an old version of Firefox, or he may have been using insecure settings, or he may have had weak AV or no AV, or the stream may have come from one of those spammed sites that serve streamed sports with a side of malware. In other words, I suspect that your friend may not have been practicing safe behavior. Be aware: Modern browsers are fairly good at helping you to avoid malware, but it's not a browser's job to be a complete security package or AV.

You don't have to quit using one browser (or even uninstall it) to use another. I suggest that you install Chrome and Firefox and play with them for a while - get familiar with the menus and features, and add the WoT browser add-on to them.

Erwin Rommelfan

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:47 am

Its gonna have a grace period of at least 2 weeks, but I' am gonna try out the other browser options. The grace period is how long till I convert to the new browser entirely. I'll still be using IE while trying the other browsers.

The only thing I'm really wondering about is, will I have to make another account on other browsers or will I be able to transfer my Internet Explorer Wot account to the new browser?

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:58 am

As with your bank, your social accounts, or your favorite gaming or news site, your WoT account is stored and accessed at the vendor / service, not within the browser. Browsers are merely ways of connecting to an external destination. Contrary to the advertising, the majority of the universe exists outside the window.

Erwin Rommelfan

Post by Erwin Rommelfan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:22 pm

I just installed Firefox, and yeah I did say I wouldn't. But after installing it and then WOT for Firefox, all the problems that has been discussed in this thread has been resolved.

I still want to use Internet Explorer, but I'm gonna have to use Firefox too.