firefox = better then ie

Reprotected

RE: Google Chrome is Even Better

Post by Reprotected » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 pm

It definitely is the fastest, but most secure? It's security is pretty much based off of Firefox's, it does not have great password encryption, it has no real substitute to NoScript, and you're pretty much tracked while browsing and using the browser.

Echo

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:55 am

@ leofelix,

"the BEST browser or the BEST antivirus or the BEST O.S do not exist."
Well put.

Whenever this "best" crap appears, I always trot out my standard reply:
  1. There is no such thing as a "universal" best for everyone . . . there may be a best for the individual and their machine, but that doesn't apply to every machine. What is the "best" for me may be the "worst" for you.

That's because machines are like snowflakes and fingerprints . . . no two are the same. Machines have different OS's, different apps, and different configs.

I will never say what's best for me is best for someone else.

It's just a matter of 1) What you're comfortable with and what your priorities are (sometimes "speed" and "security" don't mix), and 2) What "plays well" with the other stuff on your system. Nevertheless, all of them may exhibit some problems. Antivirus programs in particular are notoriously cranky.

And if you visit Manufacturer forums, just keep in mind that most people come to those forums to complain about problems they've had, so your information from them is going to be skewed. Very few people visit a forum just to say "Atta' boy".

All that said, I myself do use Chrome and FF and Opera sometimes (as Jazpeak said, various browsers fit various purposes), Linux, and Avast. Will they run good on your machine? Probably, but I have no idea. Are they the "best" for you? I have no idea. I've tried a lot, and this particular combo is something that suits my purposes.

It's like asking someone what the best wine is. It's just a matter of individual taste. There is no "one-size-fits-all" answer.

So be careful. Try suggestions, but if it doesn't work for you, experiment with something else 'till you find what YOUR best is.
Don't mean to be abrasive, but a lot of people are misled and frustrated because someone said something is the "best" and it turns out they can't get it to work. Then they think something is either wrong with them or their machine, when all along the darn piece of software ISN'T the "best" FOR THEM. (That's not always the case, but very often it is).

giedrius

RE: Google Chrome is Even Better

Post by giedrius » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Actually, you can turn of the tracking in google chrome so no (or little) data is transmitted to google servers.
Chromes security is more similar to Opera rather than firefox, and while it has security holes, there are far less than in firefox.
Chrome have their own inline PDF viewer, which helps against some PDF exploits targeting acrobat reader too.