Firefox 4 , my biggest disappointment

Jazspeak

RE: Firefox 4 , my biggest disappointment

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 pm

"it get slower and slower each day you use it (I'm sorry if it's not convenient for me to clean cache every several hours..."

That sounds more like an issue with your computer lacking resources rather than an issue with the browser. Perhaps you should set up the browser to take account of the lack of resources, such as auto-clearing all browsing history, saved forms, off-line pages, et al, when you close the browser.

Swapfire

Post by Swapfire » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Well I really can't say I'm running turbo charged PC, but I never get this problem with Chrome, Opera, even (god forgive me) IE9. Chrome's cache wasn't cleaned since Windows install. I run quote memory intensive apps though without any problems and only FF hits bottleneck which is weird...

siblingshot

Post by siblingshot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Sadly, since my hardware is not Intel chipped and shipped, the whole debate on FF 4 is academic.

Motorola has gone the same way as Detroit. Not so much a tailspin as stone dead on the assembly line.

Interesting all the same.

Pyrus communis

Post by Pyrus communis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:22 pm

you could download the addon "nightly tester tools" for firefox and enforce compatibility. most addons (at least the addons i tested) work afterwards

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:24 am

@ All =
Thank you for your suggestions , I will adjust and repackage 3.6 until I get better acquainted with FF 4 , I would like to stay with Fire Fox if possible , otherwise I will be looking for another browser =
Best wishes !

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Not sure I actually like the new FF4 having just upgraded the spare machine from 3.5 to it. I was curious to see the new interface and other changes. I had only 2 addons that were incompatible with that upgrade (no big loss on that machine). Anyway, on opening FF4 up, I realised that things were moved about having become very used to the 3.15 setup, where now I have to look for buttons I would normally go straight to. :( I saw that you can customise FF4 to look like 3.5 to keep things the way you like but really, this is a pain and even though there are new features and speed (didn't notice any vast iprovement) , it's not enough to encourage me to upgrade.

I will stay with what I like and know, FF 3.5 for as long as possible, while I play with FF4 on the spare PC. Who knows, if it remains unimpressive and I don't like it, I will look at alternatives such as Opera and Avant.

cristobal1960

Post by cristobal1960 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:44 pm

hola SuperHero58 chrome y wot funciona perfectamente,saludos.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 pm

If someone REALLY wants to give a disabled extension a try (Rule of Thumb: If it works with a 4.0beta it will work in release, if it works just with 3.x it won't work)

Use "about:config" to get to the config screen. Add a new variable "extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0" and set it to false. This deactivates the compatibility check for version 4.0

You can find more information here:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions.checkCompatibility

hotdoge3

RE: Firefox 4 , my biggest disappointment slow

Post by hotdoge3 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:45 am

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/forums/topic/9492

Firefox 4 is out and some add-ons that work

It's not fast as they say CPU 2.0 GB Ram 2.0 GB had it from Firefox 4.0 Beta 6 and Beta 6 to 9 went faster all so found some seting not right so check Tools > Options > Advanced > Configure how Firefox connect to the internet > my PC was on use system proxy setting (no Proxy) on my PC (PS) still have the old one think it faster I am on dial-up may be it not made for dial-up

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:48 am

I would switch to chrome. It is the best and fastest.