Censorship

RE: Censorship

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:16 pm

australianbdscampaign.wordpress.com

About opinions, WoT has not blocked or censored, you still can access the site.

From the looks of things its been rated by very few members. Members like you.
No one is screwing around as you stated on the scorecard.

Don't like the rating, then rate it, (which you did already) and have others rate.
Then see how WoT works.

mentalist3d

Post by mentalist3d » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Just to add to what Scientific Frontline has said.

If you stick around the forum long enough, you will soon realise that there is a core group of what I consider to be reliable raters, and they have taught me to remain neutral when it comes to rating sites that deal with politics, religion etc. Just focus on the safety aspects and the reliability of the website vendors etc.

Yes there will be a minority that downrate sites based on their own political or religious beliefs etc. but I doubt these users would have much of a reliability rating, so this kind of abuse can be rectified quite easily.

However at no point does WOT censor or block websites, I can choose to visit sites that are red or avoid them, that is my choice, I am my own censor.

leo3487

Post by leo3487 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:00 pm

I found 3 twitter accounts related with our previous president's party than WOT give a red status
Argentina's new president followers are using WOT for censorship

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 pm

If you have evidence of rating spam that isn't just opinion please go to https://www.mywot.com/en/support/feedback/abuse to report it.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

@leo3487 =
"It takes two tango"
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/_p_inqxgyksn5zwczdbifja.twitter.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc
You complain by saying
"Make doubt rating at WOT is part of a campign against our ex president"
You should read a bit more about how WOT works and freedom of speech is sacred to us, we don't censor the opinion of others, on the other hand
Newly-elected president Mauricio Macri was sworn into office on December 11, but the presidential Twitter account, @CasaRosadaAR, has remained under the control of outgoing president Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner. She has refused to surrender the Twitter account, named for the presidential office of Argentina, or its official Facebook page, instead adding ‘2003-2015’ to each of the names and converting them to tributes to the time she and her late husband former president Nestor Kirchner spent governing Argentina.
htxtp://motherboard.vice.com/read/argentinas-outgoing-president-wont-let-go-of-social-media-accounts
Instead she named the account, which has 327,000 followers, “CasaRosada 2003-2015,” referencing the years that she and her late husband, Nestor Kirchner, spent in office. Then, she continued to tweet. (Kirchner’s camp must hold the password.)
httxp://qz.com/581967/argentinas-former-president-is-trolling-her-successor-on-twitter/
If you have evidence of rating spam that isn't just opinion please go to https://www.mywot.com/support/feedback/abuse to report it.
As BFeely clearly stated, you have that option if you have the proof, but it appears that your ex president is the one at fault by trolling and spamming social medias
I am not rating her site, but please
Think!

leo3487

Post by leo3487 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:15 am

What would be evidence of spam abuse?
NOTE:Im not the owner of than twitter account

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:43 am

Then the OP will think that I am part of the dastardly censorship plot too. I just Redded the site.

EDIT: Wow! I just noticed that this actually was an ancient topic. Oh my.