How to unsubscribe?

linda62

How to unsubscribe?

Post by linda62 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Nowhere can I find an unsubscribe button or email address. I do not recall ever signing up for this, and I do not like it. It is intrusive. Nowhere on your site other than this place offers a way to terminate service. It is blocking emails from friends. This site has the potential to dictate where people can go on the internet. How do I get rid of it?

c۞g

RE: How to unsubscribe?

Post by c۞g » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 pm

No spam!
read the [url=http://www.mywot.com/forum/4908-forum-guidelines t=_self]Forum Guidelines[/url]

You already asked this question in your first topic: [url=http://www.mywot.com/forum/10868-wot-home-page-missing-something t=_self]WOT home page missing something[/url]

siblingshot

cretin bop

Post by siblingshot » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:12 pm

@ linda62

Nowhere can I find an unsubscribe button or email address. I do not recall ever signing up for this..."

WOT cannot safeguard against idiocy; schizophrenia; or dementia.

You have been rather kindly advised as how to delete your free account in the previous thread cited. Your persistence in opening duplicate threads is a waste of everyone's time.

You have been warned.

In the words of Michael Jackson, beat it. Sheer politeness prevents me from quoting Wayne County & the Electric Chairs, but that is infinitely more apposite. As is anything by Armand Schaubroeck.

webhawk

Post by webhawk » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi, just go to the browser settings and delete WOT. That simple it is.

Your CM

siblingshot

Post by siblingshot » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:31 pm

@ CM.

That makes it the third time this same advice has been proffered.

phantazm

"How do I get rid of it?"

Post by phantazm » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:17 am

The same way you got it - only reverse...

Pamelot777

Post by Pamelot777 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:02 am

I'm sick of this site. I have given my evaluation of a simple daily quizz and now WOT has decided that "it is not for me." I will be the judge of that. Either give me some reason for blocking a site I want to visit or get out of the way. If there is something dreadful about a site - a ton of spam or phishing or worse - then let me know that and let me make up my own mind about whether I want to risk it. And I realize you have major concern about children. From my computer no children will be trying to access anything so there should be a way for that consideration not to enter the mix for me. An on-off buttom would work for that. And if there were a way to bypass the blocking of the site I like and you don't, I'd make use of it. But, since there isn't, I choose to wipe WOT off my computer. A little too Nazi for me.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:50 am

<quote user="pamelot777"> I have given my evaluation of a simple daily quizz[/quote]

You've commented on a subdomain: email.dailyquizz.com - [url=https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/email.dailyquizz.com/comment-82160701 t=_self]comment[/url]
however the root domain has no comments - [url=https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/dailyquizz.com t=_self]scorecard[/url]
and neither parent nor child domain have enough ratings for WOT to calculate a reputation [unrated].

<quote user="pamelot777">And if there were a way to bypass the blocking of the site I like and you don't, I'd make use of it. But, since there isn't ...[/quote]

WOT never warns you for sites you trust (rate green) no matter their reputation and by default WOT does not warn against unrated sites.