WOT changes into a threat for the web!

Kreuzberg-Jakob

WOT changes into a threat for the web!

Post by Kreuzberg-Jakob » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:23 am

I wrote for meteoros a first comment - there was no anyone before, but all 4 markers are on full red!
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/meteoros.galeon.com/comment-19959246
Especially sites about climate or environmental problems are more and more rated as "dangerous" by WOT! As my mini-blog site is too - after I criticized this behaviour.
If there is really any dangerous stuff at a site (like meteoros from Cuba) - why is never a comment there? And if there is one, it is mostly not related to the site or any senseless stuff! - What is child threatening in weather reports from the last 100 years in the Carribbean? Or is it eventually the report about industrial pollution and environmental destruction by the USA - mostly the BP disaster of Deepwater Horizon? In my opinion they are paid slaves by the politics or their owners, the energy and weapon industry! I know, that it's prohibitd to write such words - but read, what they have written! If defence is prohibited - what's permissed?
This is a scandal! - There are much more wrong ratings in the last half year than useful!
And I know, that my site tomorrow will be more red than today - although there isn't left much free space for more red anymore!
But I can write here, whatever I want, in opposite to other people, who have to be quiet - because they earn their income with their sites and in first step have to save their business!!
For me it is annoying - or better: outraging - nothing more - but you can't destroy me!

My "vendor reability" and "privacy" ratings are an evidence for the kind of work by WOT platinum members!
My site is a private small blog that is read by some friends only, without advertisement or any merchandising!
This was a shot in the knee, blueberry-cake member!
Your most terrible criminal platinum member Kraftwerk rates even the very left and Green sites of environmental or politic activists as "bad privacy" and " bad merchandising" - - even to "CAMPACT" - the site of the German environmental activists and peoples movement for freedom (today it is green again!), and united-mutations.org, what is the most left and anti-imperialist site that I know, is rated by this special member as "paid by companies" " bad privacy", "not safe for youngsters" and all the rest!
He has rated - as usual - all in red - the merchandising and privacy on a lot of sites, that don't have any possibility to store data and doesn't sell anything !
Or "lobbying" and all 4 scores in red at the nuc-tec-team - the company for special radioactiv transports (CASTOR-Transport) -
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/nuc-tec-team.de/comment-19987246
What may be rated for the BND or Verfassungsschutz at "privacy safety" if a nuclear association is criticized as "not trustworthy site because lobbying with energy companies"???
Maybe ARAL is even lobbying with the oil companies??? We won't hope this - energy is trustworthy !!
What's about gas stations, power plants, car factories or any official department of our government? Aren't they all "threatening for children" and "not trustworthy"?
About the governments "vendor reliability" nothing to say!
They don't sell anything - they steal all!
Is this idiocy or villainy?
Or is it possibly the unsafe use of your "mass-rating tool"?
I cannot believe, that there is any reason, to set the site of the "Association of the German hospital directors" on all 4 ratings to dark red!
Not the directors are bad! Not the site is misused or harms anybody! It is the ministery of health!
:-)))
(I just noticed, that this site is meanwhile back on green too!)
But there are percentual too much alternate and left sites red, that I could believe for an accidental misuse of a tool!
And the site https://mma.adminportal.eu/ - that was created by some people, who got ruined by WOT, shows ratings, that unveil the criminals here on WOT by their names!
I'm very sad about the this site! It's unbelievable, that people feel the need for this - but I discussed with one of the creators, and I understand, that his livelihood is more important for him in this moment, than a world-wide community! They turned his site into red after 3 days after an unimportant struggel with Kraftwerk - and he needs a trustworthy review, because his site is a merchandising one!
And the creators of WOT have missed to overlook their almighty Platinum members and without doubt - they gave too much potency to rule in the hands of not controlled insanes - we Germans know, that this can become very difficult to disengage and finally can have a desastrous outcome that can never be undone!

Additional :
other members cannot add comments on the WOT scorecard of this side! I just used it yet and got the message :
"You can add only 1 comment" - but there are only the 3 comments of the Platinum psychopaths there!
And why can't we rate their comments as "agree" and "disagree" as we can do for other members?
This has nothing to do with freedom, social behavior or community! It's commonly called lawless, autoritarian despotism !!!! !
They are hackers and a danger for the web!
Moreover - my Google Chrome browser is continually "losing plug-in" if I'm writing anything on WOT and everytime I have to restart it - losing all text! This don't happen anywhere else! NEVER! - Only, if I'm writing on WOT - since I criticized this behavior of a handful people against the world wide community of thousands helping members, who try to do a good job for the community!
5 against the world?
In China they had a gang of four, which destroyed the country!

Wilmark

too 2 long Read

Post by Wilmark » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am

too 2 long Read

Jazspeak

RE: WOT changes into a threat for the web!

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am

I have checked the site https://mma.adminportal.eu/ which was mentioned in the OP and found it to be safe to visit (no malware, et al). There is no evidence of phishing or other scams, which immediately contradicts the comment category left by Kraftwerk. Indeed, all of the comments left on the site scorecard do not seem to relate directly to the site but refer instead to other sites mentioned in other threads, which leaves me with the impression that those who left comments on the scorecard at http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mma.adminportal.eu have not been sufficiently discerning as to which site they have been commenting on. I note that comment voting has been disabled for that scorecard.

I do think that the OP has taken rather a scatter-gun approach in the branding of Platinum members in such a manner. Not all Platinum members are culprits in the misrating and inappropriate commenting of sites, and it is a great shame that the OP has not recognised that many WOT members do go to a lot of time and trouble to properly investigate sites and leave evidence-based ratings and comments.

Perhaps if the OP had come to this forum with a better attitude and a more structured argument then other WOT members could have dealt with the issues in a more rational and effective manner, as with other sites that have faced similar problems. Unfortunately for the OP, ranting is not going to achieve the desired effect, and threatening legal action is not going to endear anyone into giving more appropriate ratings. I certainly haven't rated the site and given the attitude of the OP I very much doubt that I will do so.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am

I heave rated both websites as this user tried to hijack thread...
some users were banned as owner tried to manipulate website ratings...

Swapfire

Post by Swapfire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

After seeing so much spam in forums, I'm afraid I've started to think owner of this thread have some sense. How hard can it be for someone to ruin my rating if sate has let's say <10 ratings? I mean participating in WOT forum it's quite easy to cross path with gold/ platinum members and let's not ignore the fact we are people and objectivity is very relative. Here my site has nothing wrong, I never spammed (at least intentionally) and try to be useful to community, but I have -1 in almost all comments no matter what they are about- privacy, general or what ever.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:18 am

Here my site has nothing wrong
Where it is???

I mean participating in WOT forum it's quite easy to cross path with gold/ platinum members and let's not ignore the fact we are people and objectivity is very relative.
All gold and platinum are just their activity level refers nothing more than ...And i found most of the members are quite helpful...
how could you ever get that idea and yes you may be right but without evidences its not right to say anything...

but I have -1 in almost all comments no matter what they are about- privacy, general or what ever.
As me i rarely downgrade comments but whenever i do, i always leave a comment...
If this is happening with you, you can ask to admins...

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:32 am

"this user tried to hijack thread"

Which user, and which thread? If you mean the OP then this is his or her thread so no hijacking involved. When you say that you have rated both sites on the basis that the user tried to "hijack thread", are you admitting to rating sites because you disapprove of a user? You are supposed to be rating sites on their merits and not because you disapprove of a user.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:34 am

there was no anyone before, but all 4 markers are on full red!

It's called reputation inheritance. If there are no ratings for your subdomain, it inherits the parent domain's reputation. There's even an explanation on the scorecard.

Swapfire

Post by Swapfire » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

I know people here in general are helpful and thanks to those who helped me out polishing my privacy policy, but apparently I managed to cross someone's path since I doubt anyone from outside wot community rated it yet. Might be someone whom I gave red rating. I'm still in green, so not a big problem, but since it's fresh site i'd take couple of bad evaluations to get me out of safe zone. I've put website url to your profile, so I won't spam here.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 am

wait...
this user [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/user/2140952 t=_self]Adminportal[/url]
this thread http://www.mywot.com/forum/9974-please-review-my-site-s

If you mean the OP then this is his or her thread so no hijacking involved.
Agreed 100%

When you say that you have rated both sites on the basis that the user tried to "hijack thread"
Check this http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/9974-please-review-my-site-s?comment=66908#comment-66908 ...
now decide is that is the right way to gain trust..

are you admitting to rating sites because you disapprove of a user?
No i have only rated for thread hijacking, if you have closely read sticky posts then you wouldn't ask me this question....
Sorry if you find my comment abrasive...
And for further clarification you can post BM...