Ratings from people that pass the same comments irrespective of the truth

andre9

thejobs.co.za

Post by andre9 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Yeah, but you, Rob, Sami and logicman are the important members of this community. You guys have rated thousands of websites? Maybe you are right, but it is actually quite sad and depressing.

I had the same hassle with some of my other websites : www.cubit.co.za (Cubit Accounting and Payroll) and it is frustrating to see that there are so many bad things out there, yet my really good websites have to struggle and battle and fight to be rated fairly? So I have over 1000 websites and I am going to have 1000 fights? - Not cool... You guys are going to end up hating my guts and ignoring my sites, and all I want is a fair rating? If I am at fault or if there is a problem, fine - say so. But if there is no problem also say so?
I am scared to promote WOT on my websites and will only do so after I have strong ratings, I am scared that WOT can hurt me, and most of my websites, like thejobs.co.za HAS NO ADVERTS, NO COSTS, COMPLETELY FREE. sooo, anyway, 1000 fights is a lot of fights...

lordpake

I'm basically processing

Post by lordpake » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

I'm basically processing information I get elsewhere. I read lots of blogs, read security forums etc. From there I get the grounds to rate sites (as you can see in most if not all of my comments). Occasionally even some own findings end up here.

I concentrate mainly in malware. I don't have any experience with your site(s), nor any background info about them, be it good or bad. Also I do not use them myself. Therefore I personally feel disinclined to rate/comment your site(s).

I have no idea about rating of your site(s) or how they got those ratings at first place.

"Men make good pets."

andre9

thejobs.co.za

Post by andre9 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:43 pm

ok, I have clicked on the link you gave, I am not very optimistic that it means much though, but lets see.

thanks lordpake :)

lordpake

No problem, let's hope

Post by lordpake » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:56 pm

No problem, let's hope things get solved for you :)

"Men make good pets."

andre9

thejobs.co.za

Post by andre9 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:04 pm

why is your sig men make good pets? i am a man and I will make
a terrible pet?

andre9

thejobs.co.za

Post by andre9 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:11 pm

Cool, anyway thanks for your suggestion! I am borderline on thejobs.co.za but at least not dangerous anymore :)

lordpake

LOL! It's kinda a reference

Post by lordpake » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:12 pm

LOL! It's kinda a reference to certain anime - Zero no Tsukaima, where a certain wizard-girl accidentally summons a boy as her familiar =)

It's also a reference to a certain genre within anime/manga :)

Btw. at least one of your sites seems to be green now? The accounting thing.

"Men make good pets."

lordpake

Good for you =) "Men make

Post by lordpake » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Good for you =)

"Men make good pets."

logicman

thejobs.co.za

Post by logicman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:18 am

Sorted!

andre9: You have a lot of patience. In your situation of trying to get a message across, I would by now be tearing my hair out. :-)

I have just rated the site green, no worries. I didn't do so before because I thought I had already done so. My bad, as they say in the US.

Creative Commons T&Cs are a great idea in my book!

Please do stick with WOT and review sites. I think we are all still learning here.
Thank you for your complimentary remarks about those of us at the top of the scores table. However, it is the many thousands of people who vote for sites that matter most. This means YOU! :-)

andre9

thejobs.co.za

Post by andre9 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 am

thanks logicman :)