Sandboxie?

This just clutters up the thread

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:20 pm

And I've edited the original post now . . . so, yes, any Mod can go ahead and delete this stuff about spelling in the original title . . .AND YOU CAN DELETE THIS POST TOO.

logicman

Re: manual bookmark saving.

Post by logicman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Yes, BobJam, it's my 'instead of' preference.

By default, every change in my sandbox is deleted at shutdown, except for files I specifically place in my named recovery folder.

Some web sites have a 'click here to bookmark us' tab. I tend to test those for browser exploits, so I most definitely do not want to save bookmarks by default.

I hope that answers you question.

:-)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Protect and Surf.

Was wondering if simply

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:44 pm

Was wondering if simply adding a bookmark URL could be malicious. Guess I'm showing my ignorance here, so thanks for the heads up on this.

logicman

Re: adding a bookmark.

Post by logicman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Adding a bookmark isn't maliceous, but some sites make the 'bookmark us' feature do more than just add a bookmark. A trivial example - I click 'add bookmark' on a web page in Firefox and it opens up a new browser - msIE. I wouldn't want to see that outside of my sandbox. :-)

Anyway, it just suits my habits to allow no changes. I frequently have a list of domains to check. If one of them causes a problem, I just kill the box and restart. Every restart is with an identical configuration by default, so any rogue that tells me I have x number of problems just has to be using the 'porky-pie' algorithm. :)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Protect and Surf.