What can you do with your activity score?

Devonbrant

Post by Devonbrant » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:15 am

RE: What can you do with your activity score?

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:17 am

Learn, how does the [url=http://www.mywot.com/wiki/Activity_scores t=_self]activity score[/url] work, remember that this score has nothing to do with your [url=http://www.mywot.com/wiki/Rating_reliability t=_self]rating reliability[/url]. Simply, your activity score increases when you are rating websites and writing comments on the scorecards. This scoring system has a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logarithmic_scale t=_self]logarithmic scale[/url], which means the more points you have, the more difficult it will be to increase your score. Each user is grouped in different ranks based on their activity score, these ranks are: Rookie (from 0 to 1499 points), Bronze (from 1500 to 2999 points), Silver (from 3000 to 5999 points), Gold (from 6000 to 9999 points), and Platinum (10000 points and more). It's really cool to learn not about activity score only, but about all aspects on how WOT works, you can start learning from the [url=http://www.mywot.com/wiki/Main_Page t=_self]main page[/url] of the WOT Wiki right now. Best of luck.

phantazm

"What can you do with your activity score?"

Post by phantazm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

Quality and quantity is not the same. Your activity is public data, but your reliability is not.

So far the only difference, that I know of, is that platinum gives access to the Mass Rating Tool.
But, you have to rate more than 7 sites to get there... ;-)

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Five uses for your activity score:

1 a) Use it to impress ladies whom you chat up.
1 b) Use it as a fake telephone number to give annoying men who try to chat you up.
2) Use it as an early warning sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3) Run it up so high that it causes an integer overflow and arbitrary code to be executed, granting you root privileges.
4) Use it as a seed for a pseudo-random number generator.
5) Use it as a modern substitute for a Kibo number.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:12 am

An activity score is just a measurement of participation.
You can do absolutely nothing with it, but look at it.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:31 pm

I would rather not say. :-)

Figure10

Post by Figure10 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:11 am

<quote user="notbuyingit">

2) Use it as an early warning sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder.

[/quote]

Well there's mine.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:19 pm

On other forums, someone whose rank tells you they've participated a lot would derive some gravitas from it, because odds are that they would have been banned by that time if they were trolls or scammers or just too annoying to live.

However, WOT is a place where even trolls and scammers can come and defend their websites against criticism. Mods don't ban them just because they are undesirables. They have to do something that is specifically prohibited, and not do it by accident. People who are so obnoxious they are immune to social pressures to behave appropriately can hang on as long as they want. There are some platinum trolls.

So while the activity score might imply something on other forums, it doesn't mean much here.

mentalist3d

Post by mentalist3d » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
So while the activity score might imply something on other forums, it doesn't mean much here.
[/quote]

Completely agree. When I first joined, I must admit that platinum users opinions carried more weight with me, and I wanted to be a platinum user myself, but since then, someones rating level doesn't carry any weight for me anymore. I prefer to look at what people are posting and judge their reliability on how they conduct themselves, etc rather than their level, as I have witnessed bad and good judgements from a variety of users with a variety of levels (bronze, gold, platinum)

The only thing the levels do for me, is show me how busy a user has been, rather than reflect the quality of their ratings.

Jicé

Post by Jicé » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:16 am

When I try to evaluate the reliability of a member, the activity score is one of the things that I look at, like the date of registration of the person or the comments he posted, etc. ..
Example.
A scorecard of a website with 4 rookie members registered this month with a very few ratings and a very few post, I will consider that as not necessarily reliable.

I learned a lot on the forum Wot. At first, I read it but I didn't participate, over time, my knowledge has increased and I became more active.
The activity score is a consequence of the activity of the person but unfortunately some people (who do not understand WOT) see this as a goal.
Thus, the score activity doesn't mean nothing, but doesn't mean much.