Privacy Violations in the Forum and the Comments

RE: Privacy Violations in the Forum and the Comments

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:31 am

<quote user="intratrust">
I happened to check the forum again and discovered a nice finding by g7w, which he posted as part of his website evaluation at http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17176-vrijvlinder-com?comment=113568#comment-113568

To me, this puts an end to privacy discussions.
[/quote]

"Mike", my name was not as much a concern as my phone and address otherwise you would also see my address and phone inside the meta tags as well and on my site page *rolls eyes*. A responsible person does not do what you did. A reasonable person would grant my request for removal of those details, an Intelligent person would have avoided the whole thing entirely by being responsible and reasonable like everyone else who participated in your tea party and not re post details of a person specially if the information is gratuitous. That means it serves no purpose. You are effectively enabling the potential of the commission of a crime.

By continuing to defend your unethical practices and blame me for your post you demonstrate you are neither Responsible nor Reasonable what do you think the next conclusion should be?

The end of the discussion is not dictated by me. It is dictated by the rest of the community who may find this topic of interest.

Editing out those details from your post was the compromise and I think it was fair. It is too late don't you think ? the damage is done.

Armored

Post by Armored » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:57 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">
Although whois information is public, I usually try not to repost it elsewhere.
[/quote]

That's a refreshing view to see. I obviously agree with this, as I [url=https://www.mywot.comI http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17182-privacy-violations-in-the-forum-and-the-comments?comment=113136#comment-113136 t=_self]said earlier.[/url]

@Intratrust
True you didn't break the law by posting the Whois details on the scorecard. The same way I wouldn't break the law(In Australia at least) if I refused to get up for an elderly or pregnant person on a bus. Sometimes courtesy isn't governed by "law". . . .Now I'm not saying what you did is the equivalent to that analogy, but the principle of courtesy does apply.

@VrijVlinder
If you become a regular contributor on this Forum I do hope you refrain from making legal accusations without a solid basis in the future. . I do like your sense of humour though;)

intratrust

Post by intratrust » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:58 am

<quote user="vrijvlinder">I don't think "Mike" is going to back off I guess he may use all his "Mikes" to rate me down as a consequence of this thread and it is fully expected,[/quote]

When I read your comment at http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17236-warnings-when-using-wot?comment=113582#comment-113582 I am starting to get convinced you were caught up in the conspiracy theories going on in that thread.

Your implication I might be using multiple accounts can be proven wrong easy, as mywot (Sami) knows about a "technical bug" that's going on related to my internet connection whenever I visit mywot.com. This "technical bug" makes me identifiable, no matter what IP I might be using. If I would create more than one account, it would be pretty easy for WOT to immediately notice it and to trace it down to my internet connection.

Thereby proving you wrong, I would advise you to stop throwing around unfounded accusations, as they only leave a negative impression about you. (In case you forgot: you're posting in public.)

Also, I am pretty sure that mywot has multiple ways of nailing down any system abuse like the one you are trying to imply. There is some interesting information in the WOT documentation that might be of interest for you to read which also shows that your idea of "manipulation" wouldn't work the way you think it would work: www.mywot.com/wiki/FAQ#Ratings_aren.27t_equally_reliable

<quote user="vrijvlinder">he still considers he did nothing wrong and I am still wondering what it was that I did wrong[/quote]

To keep one thing clear: I have not yet received a single request from you to take down any information. A simple PM at my board asking me would have been enough. But you chose to create a forum thread to start slandering someone who pointed out 4 different problems related to your website (only one of them related to your "I got hacked" phishtank happening).

Checking this thread again, I don't recognize a single civil approach from your side asking me to remove something. What I recognize is a public attempt to slander me. Congratulations, you've produced yourself in full glory. No need to add anything to it.

<quote user="vrijvlinder">lmao I guess I will have to make an entire page dedicated to privacy notices that no one ever reads. Or just say dump your cookies upon exit please. Would be nice to write a script that automatically dumps their cookies if they flush a toilet icon on the site. For those who don't know how to do it from their browsers or set up the browser to auto remove after closing.[/quote]

That yet-to-be-created privacy policy your joking about is actually a good idea. Let me point you to your own website evaluation http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17176-vrijvlinder-com where other people have invested their time to point out plenty of details why your website needs one. If you think you don't, it's your choice. A community can only offer help and point you to the problems, but it's up to you to decide if you want to make your website better and fix those problems or if you'ld rather spend your time shooting the messengers (which is pretty pointless from my point of view).

intratrust

Post by intratrust » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 am

I checked the comments I posted at your scorecard to see if I should change anything to the better as I noticed your reply to g7w's comment at http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/vrijvlinder.com/comment-30179846

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/6sckyd.gif[/img]

No, g7w is not me running another account.

G7W and I are completely different people. But thank you for the compliment of mistaking me with one of the more prominent members here at mywot. I regard that to be an honor, even when it comes from someone who's obviously a bit confused about a lot of things.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:30 am

<quote user="intratrust">
When I read your comment at http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17236-warnings-when-using-wot?comment=113582#comment-113582 I am starting to get convinced you were caught up in the conspiracy theories going on in that thread.

Your implication I might be using multiple accounts can be proven wrong easy, as mywot (Sami) knows about a "technical bug" that's going on related to my internet connection whenever I visit mywot.com. This "technical bug" makes me identifiable, no matter what IP I might be using. If I would create more than one account, it would be pretty easy for WOT to immediately notice it and to trace it down to my internet connection.

Thereby proving you wrong, I would advise you to stop throwing around unfounded accusations, as they only leave a negative impression about you. (In case you forgot: you're posting in public.)

Also, I am pretty sure that mywot has multiple ways of nailing down any system abuse like the one you are trying to imply. There is some interesting information in the WOT documentation that might be of interest for you to read which also shows that your idea of "manipulation" wouldn't work the way you think it would work: www.mywot.com/wiki/FAQ#Ratings_aren.27t_equally_reliable

To keep one thing clear: I have not yet received a single request from you to take down any information. A simple PM at my board asking me would have been enough. But you chose to create a forum thread to start slandering someone who pointed out 4 different problems related to your website (only one of them related to your "I got hacked" phishtank happening).

Checking this thread again, I don't recognize a single civil approach from your side asking me to remove something. What I recognize is a public attempt to slander me. Congratulations, you've produced yourself in full glory. No need to add anything to it.

That yet-to-be-created privacy policy your joking about is actually a good idea. Let me point you to your own website evaluation http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/17176-vrijvlinder-com where other people have invested their time to point out plenty of details why your website needs one. If you think you don't, it's your choice. A community can only offer help and point you to the problems, but it's up to you to decide if you want to make your website better and fix those problems or if you'ld rather spend your time shooting the messengers (which is pretty pointless from my point of view).
[/quote]

I never said it was you "Mike" I said people. In general why would you think it was about you?Plus it had nothing to do with you the systems in place would have detected it. I don't know what bug with your IP or whatever is going on with how you connect to the net. You are an arrogant person but whatever to each his own. . Conspiracy or not.

It was The first thing I did!!!!!! when you posted my info is asked you to remove it. SAMI who said WOT discourages people from doing that and if I tried to ask you to remove it for the 50 millionth time*rolls eyes twice*. I would not have spent time trying to find a real support page to find help if I had not already tried. You just did not read it or refused to remove the stuff the point is you did it Look it's over the deed is done and so far you have not removed it or have you? so there is nothing left to argue about. You are like the person I figured you are ,unreasonable and you missed the party.

My dad is dead and if the only thing that could bring him back was a shotgun wedding with you I would have to decline.
He was my life only thing left are jokes coz there is nothing else as serious.......,have a good life and goodbye . Adios ,Sayonara and Arigato

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:43 am

No, g7w is not me running another account
Had not considered that but I suppose it happens, I only made a joke about how much he reminded me of you, maybe he was not amused as much as you were. My bad......

Keavs

Post by Keavs » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm not a internet whiz so the phishing stuff is out of the realm of my knowledge, as far as causes, false positives, and all that stuff.

I do however know that Whois info is in the public domain. Every "What is your site worth?" website, and all the sites about site info have my whois info posted. Alexa even snags your whois info from your server and posts it on their site.
I doubt Alexa is breaking the law.

A search on google for whois keavyscorner results in 1110 results, and all of the first page results are from different sites.

Even Domaintools, just reposts the info you have in your server info.

While I think the link that WOT provides on the left of the scorecard to the WhoIS is more than enough, I really can't find any case, or new law.

Private registration or incorporation, and a PO box is the only relief. It sucks, but it is the price you pay for doing internet business,,,,
Even a private club in a brick and mortar establishment has public documents.

intratrust

Post by intratrust » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:32 pm

<quote user="vrijvlinder">
I never said it was you "Mike" I said people. In general why would you think it was about you?Plus it had nothing to do with you the systems in place would have detected it. I don't know what bug with your IP or whatever is going on with how you connect to the net. You are an arrogant person but whatever to each his own. . Conspiracy or not.

It was The first thing I did!!!!!! when you posted my info is asked you to remove it. SAMI who said WOT discourages people from doing that and if I tried to ask you to remove it for the 50 millionth time*rolls eyes twice*. I would not have spent time trying to find a real support page to find help if I had not already tried. You just did not read it or refused to remove the stuff the point is you did it Look it's over the deed is done and so far you have not removed it or have you? so there is nothing left to argue about. You are like the person I figured you are ,unreasonable and you missed the party.

My dad is dead and if the only thing that could bring him back was a shotgun wedding with you I would have to decline.
He was my life only thing left are jokes coz there is nothing else as serious.......,have a good life and goodbye . Adios ,Sayonara and Arigato
[/quote]

I've reached level 1: http://www.notquitewrong.com/rosscottinc/comics/2011-08-03-madaboutsomething.jpg

Yeah, I guess I should check on that sandwich I have.

EDIT: Not expecting you to like my new comments better than my previous ones, I updated my previous comments and deleted the whois information while doing so. Keep in mind that there was no legal obligation to do. But after seeing [url=http://vrijvlinder.deviantart.com/art/Ada-Blue-87427857 t=_blank]your understanding of privacy at your deviantart account[/url], I decided that checking on that sandwich is a better way to spend my time. You don't seem to get "privacy" anyway.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 pm

On the internet, dry humor is best reserved for people who already know they have your respect.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:00 pm

<quote user="keavs">
I'm not a internet whiz so the phishing stuff is out of the realm of my knowledge, as far as causes, false positives, and all that stuff.

I do however know that Whois info is in the public domain.

[/quote]

Being Public does not mean it is public domain

http://www.linfo.org/publicdomain.html