Mass Rating Tool

spectre

RE: Mass Rating Tool

Post by spectre » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm

I agree with c۞g . I havent had a lawsuit brought against me ( yet ), but being high in the activity list in my experience has created a lot of negative publicity, false allegations & board spam. The allegations have mainly been based on the amount of 'ratings' I've made.

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 pm

By showing a user's reliability in numbers would be useful if we also have activity score on the side as a reference.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 pm

<quote user="i.w.">
By showing a user's reliability in numbers would be useful if we also have activity score on the side as a reference.
[/quote]

please read
http://www.mywot.com/wiki/Rating_reliability

Jicé

Post by Jicé » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Thanks @c۞g and @shazza for your answers and experiences.

As most of us, I do beleive in honesty, and truth, I feel involved in this world and it is my duty to do my best to fight against scammers, and other parasites of the web and I also want to help when I'm able to do it.

@c۞g. At the end of [url=https://www.mywot.com/forum/22354-mass-rating-tool?comment=179708#comment-179708 t=_self]your post[/url]
you asked : "Opinions please". I gave you mine (as other members did).
Yes I insisted "simply because ... it helps !". I did just vote to keep "the score activity, quantity of comments and posts : public , but if it is decided to make it secret, ok, it's not a big issue for me and I will respect the decision of the Staff of WOT without resentment.

NoScams

Post by NoScams » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:38 am

....mass rating tool .... I find them to be irritating and disruptive. I want to see what actual users of the site have to say, not someone who just rated a whole bunch of sites indiscrimately based on some list.
I quite disagree to that statement. Your comment may be appropriate for genuine, legit sites. They are not appropriate to the countless scams out there because you do NOT want any user to deal with them. Any user does a transaction with a counterfeit site does support them with money, hence feeding scammers.

I do give all the same rating to counterfeit sites - because they are all the same in nature. There are probably a few 1000 newly registered every day and I can't see why warning the public is irritating and disruptive. How can the huge amount of new counterfeit scams be handled in any other way?

If I can't warn users about counterfeits then what's the use of MyWot.com for somebody that specializes on Chinese counterfeit scams?

PS: I hope Kenneth1985 can continue to rate 500+ counterfeit sites daily - but please, of course without the MRT.

Vega22

Post by Vega22 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 am

When I looked for information about this change (activity score now limited to 10000), it wasn't so easy to find it in this topic.

It could be helpful to display this information in a more visible way (or maybe I didn't search in the right place ?).

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Fair enough for not showing the reliability of each user.

What about this: show how many ratings a user (platinum) has made over a week WITHOUT MRT (where appropriate) and also WITH MRT.

I reckon this could help by distinguish someone who is actually helping the community and someone who is trying to boost up their activity score.

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm

<quote user="i.w.">
Fair enough for not showing the reliability of each user.

What about this: show how many ratings a user (platinum) has made over a week WITHOUT MRT (where appropriate) and also WITH MRT.

I reckon this could help by distinguish someone who is actually helping the community and someone who is trying to boost up their activity score.
[/quote]

Perhaps you didn't read carefully NoScams answer.
He's not boosting his activity score! But withou MRT he couldn't do the excellent work he's doing... the same is for c۞g, and a lot of other users.

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:39 pm

<quote user="marco2981">
Perhaps you didn't read carefully NoScams answer.
He's not boosting his activity score! But withou MRT he couldn't do the excellent work he's doing... the same is for c۞g, and a lot of other users.
[/quote]

What I'm trying to point out is that by showing the ratings made with and without MRT, we can estimate whether a particular user is a human or a 'bot'.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:52 pm

<quote user="i.w.">
What I'm trying to point out is that by showing the ratings made with and without MRT, we can estimate whether a particular user is a human or a 'bot'.[/quote]
There are not bots on WOT
If there were... "they" would not have access to (or need) the MRT; there are procedures in place to ensure the servers are not flooded from submissions.

As for filtering out comments made with the MRT
That has already been done.
You see it visually on a scorecard's comment by this icon: [img]https://www.mywot.com/w/images/b/b7/Massrate.gif[/img]

I've read through many of your replies in this thread and clearly you have no idea what the MRT is, what it's function is, and who it can be assigned to. You should take a moment and read: https://www.mywot.com/wiki/Mass_rating_tool

If others have your misguided understanding about WOT / MRT / bots / etc.
This is more encouragement to privatize rating / post counts.