Affiliate programs are NOT scams

Myxt

RE: Affiliate programs are NOT scams

Post by Myxt » Sat May 26, 2012 7:59 am

So LoveFilm values your membership at £40 ($62.63)? Why is that? And what is the actual value of the "free" gift? If you follow the money, I suspect that, at some point, someone is not happy.

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Sat May 26, 2012 10:26 am

<quote user="myxt">
"...what is the actual value of the "free" gift?..."
[/quote]

In a modern capitalist society the monetary value of any item is what someone is prepared to pay for the item. The actual value is in the usefulness of an item and not in its monetary value.

BTW, I get cheesed off by companies claiming that an item is worth an amount of money when I know that the item actually costs far less to manufacture. I do find it funny when those companies fail to understand that the item has no value to me, either because I already have a similar item that does the job or because the item is of no use to me.

ainsleeej

Post by ainsleeej » Sat May 26, 2012 1:04 pm

This community is very narrow minded. The idea of the website is good, but when you have a community who mention the word 'scam or spam' without proving it, then how can we trust any of the ratings.

Here's and example of your narrow mindedness:
"1] complete offer
2] refer friends
3] receive "free gift"

Now these types of "affiliate offers" are simple scams."

No 3. could be worded differently to say 'receive your gift', but you still receive a gift for trying a companies servveces.

Based on this argument you telling me that carphonewarehouse and phones4u both scam as they offer 'free xbox 360' when signing up to a contract. Its the same principle. If you all looked further than your nose, you would see alot of sites do not scam and do not spam. Freebiejeebies.co.uk doesnt spam or scam you. If you want REAL proof then go to exceem.co.uk and read the 'I got my free gift' section, then come back here and base your opinion on that.

A440

Post by A440 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:16 am

How about this one example thebestofluck.in/ "WANTED: Average Internet Users for $100-250 Hourly Job".
I found them spamming on twitter, which was showing up on a blog for Korean expatriates. They use a redirect and they have no terms of service or privacy policy. Their landing site has spelling mistakes as well. They just want people to submit their name and e-mail address for "review".

PuddinTame

Post by PuddinTame » Mon May 28, 2012 2:55 am

I think the original posting has a point, that not all affiliate marketing is by definition scammy. I used to work for a company that had legitimate affiliates (through cj and shareasale) that would move about $250,000 of merchandise a month. These were actual, physical things that had the price mentioned up front, and these affiliates were basically an extension of a normal cost per click network. Amazon's affiliate program has already been mentioned as well, and NetFlix and GoDaddy's programs are pretty legit too (well as legit as GoDaddy can be anyway). The problem being is that some affiliates are okay, but the vast majority are not, and this obviously taints our perceptions while rating. This is kind of a rough and ready list I use:
1. What is being sold? If it's a physical commodity available from multiple sources then it's probably legit. If it's virtual, that makes it worth investigating more in my opinion. If it's a badly formatted PDF that contains 'top 10 sekrets THEY don't want you to know!!@' then that raises red flags for me.
2. What is the nature of the business? If the affiliate marketing is being used to extend a traditional B2C relationship (e.g. Amazon) then it's more likely to be good in my opinion.

Sorry, I was going to continue but I have to run out for a dinner date. I think it'd be helpful if you other guys could post your 'warning signs' and 'good/bad signs' it might help other people determine their ratings.

c۞g

re: thebestofluck.in

Post by c۞g » Mon May 28, 2012 3:20 am

<quote user="a440">
How about this one example thebestofluck.in/[/quote]
Work from home scam: [url=http://www.mywot.com/forum/7627-work-from-home-scams?comment=143436#comment-143436 t=_self]Online Work Agency Ltd[/url]

A440

Post by A440 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 am

Thank you "g7w". I ran a search using the forum search for that URL but it did not show me that thread!

giedrius

Post by giedrius » Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 am

As long as everything disclosed, many of affiliate offers are not scam. That does not mean that there are no bad affiliates as such. Personally, I have seen rumors about spam affiliates using amazon affiliate network on Pinterest, which would be less than honest. Would be hard to track for Amazon, though (if they use some sort of pages in between ).

For me, affiliate network reputation boils to 3 things: does it cheat affiliates or merchants, does it enforce quality guidelines for affiliates and merchants(e.g. enforcing no bad products), does it cheat customers (as usually they process money as well ). Same is for companies, offering affiliate programs on themselves.

jeff134

Post by jeff134 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:35 am

<quote user="freeiphone4">
I'm trying to say that I have used every single affiliate program in that list I made successfully. I have always been paid and have made a fair amount of money. And this has never been at the expenses of someone else as be it a click-through link or referral program, the user has always got through to what they were looking for.

With regards to Freebiejeebies that was mentioned, just because it has free products doesn't mean your stuck with choosing them; personally I've received over £2k in bank transfers, as well as products. It works in the same was as a commission based program, each referral earns you £20. Furthermore, it is clearly stated (on the official website and all affiliate websites linking to it) that an offer must be completed. This activates your account and helps towards covering the cost of your gift (eg you sign up to Lovefilm and buy 2 months for 1 (£9.99)... Freebiejeebies get paid by Lovefilm (£40)... You get some of that from Freebiejeebies (£20)... If you look on the home page of quickfreeiphone.com you'll see that it's clearly explained!
[/quote]

That is great that you have been paid by the affiliate programs, but do you honestly believe that people go to sites with names like feebiejeebies, seeing statements like Apple Ipad2 FREE, and think to themselves although the url is implying it is free... and the big text says FREE, I know that I am giong to have to sign up for LoveFilm and buy 2 months for 1?

How about quickfreeiphone... you honestly feel that people who click on an ad, or a basic url directing them to that site know that they are going there NOT to get a quick free iphone but rather to complete offers and PAY money to something else that might possible get them points towards a free iphone?

vickramhx

Post by vickramhx » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:34 am

Yes, I am using hiox india's affiliate program.
This is not a scam.
I am earning through hiox india referral affiliate program.