Could Belgium Bring Down Scientology?

RE: Could Belgium Bring Down Scientology?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:22 am

<quote user="jazspeak">
@ OutsideTheBox (aka e-sushi, Umbrella Corps, uhka tutka, etc.)

Do you have a useful contribution to this thread topic or are you just going to continue your off topic obsessing about paedophilia?
[/quote]
Just for the record: e-sushi and uhka tutka were not the same, yet I don't want to get into that again. ~smiles~

BTW: OutsideTheBox. . . Welcome back.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 pm

It sounds like Jazspeak and Outside theBox both have been closer to the victims of pedophilia than any of us would ever want to be, and I can excuse them being emotional here. But we really were talking about scientology.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Scientology and Ron L Hubbard have not got where they are today (invoking so much mis-trust and hatred from the general public) by being stupid or inept. They clearly have some rather influential people and probably some very clever lawyes at their disposal to be able to avoid definitave action by authorities in many countries and still be able to operate in some form or other.

One can only hope that the Belgian authorities (with the assistance of other authorities externally) have compiled enough damning evidence to ensure a positive result in court and that this will have a knock on effect globally with other countries using that evidence (alongside their own) to abolish Scientology and convict perpetrators of the same crimes conducted within their own lands.

I read some of Ron L Hubbard's 'quotes of the day' on a site which recently asked for an evaluation in WOT. Although I am not versed in philosophy and scripture, his messages came across as very amateurish imo. Hardly what I would expect of an enlightened individual. I guess people who are taken in by this are easily brainwashed and would do well to read How Brainwashing Works

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am

<quote user="jazspeak">
...or are you just going to continue your off topic obsessing about paedophilia?
[/quote]

No thanks. You started throwing the word "paedophilia" into this thread with a link, so you better have the last words on that too. ;)

As for Scientology, a Google search revealed I better "put aside your personal distaste for Scientology" before someone shouts "Oh dear, not another member targeting websites because of the belief-system of the site owner(s)."

As a result, there's nothing left for me to say as there is a big chance that my opinion about Scientology would upset you. Seeing what names you are trying to give me, you're most probably too confused anyway to understand what I would have to say about Scientology.

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:50 am

<quote user="ჩаӥⒹ໐♏">
"...nothing left for me to say..."
[/quote]

Not that you had anything useful to say in the first place.

Thank you for confirming that you use WOT to rate people's belief-systems rather than rating sites.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

<quote user="jazspeak">
Not that you had anything useful to say in the first place.

Thank you for confirming that you use WOT to rate people's belief-systems rather than rating sites.
[/quote]

Having a hard time staying "on topic"?

Related to Scientology, you are very welcome to show me where I supposedly rated any "belief system".

Just because I have an opinion about something like Scientology doesn't mean I express that opinion using a rating and/or voting system. After all, a bad rating has never stopped or will ever stop any dangerous cult.

But it's fun to see you guessing around, trying to produce negativity towards me. Related to that, I would like to ask you to please direct any "personal rants" towards my board. That's what it's for. I'm sure you know that when you remember the terms.

spectre

Post by spectre » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

Mike has ditched another wot account

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 am

<quote user="shazza">
"Mike has ditched another wot account"
[/quote]

...and so to return to the topic:

Even if the Belgians manage to bring criminal charges against the whole organisation, I do wonder whether they could actually bring down the whole organisation since that would be to say that all followers of L. Ron Hubbard are criminals, which is probably not true. Any SC believers, who are not criminals, would probably continue the organisation, and those arrested and charged would probably be replaced quite easily from the remaining ranks of believers.

Asides from the criminal activities (scams, illegal meds, et al), which ought to be dealt with by the appropriate law enforcement authorities, it seems harsh to criminalise a belief that L. Ron Hubbard was some sort of guru and a belief that aliens will rescue them from Earth. People all over the world believe all sorts of things, and many of those other beliefs can seem no less bizarre but just because a belief seems bizarre or unlikely that doesn't mean that the beliefs can or should be outlawed.

phantazm

Post by phantazm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Jazspeak: "I do wonder whether they could actually bring down the whole organisation
since that would be to say that all followers of L. Ron Hubbard are criminals, which is probably not true."

Probably not, I guess. Most of Hubbas followers look more like victims than vultures.
But the top of Scientology cannot claim ignorance at all, they're guilty as hell.

Then there are people like Cruise and Travolta;
they really make me wonder...

phantazm

Could USA Bring Down Scientology?

Post by phantazm » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:08 pm

I doubt that Belgium alone could bring down Scientology worldwide - but doesn't that job belong to the place where it originated..?