Forum improvement proposal.

Dutch Mountain

RE: Forum improvement proposal.

Post by Dutch Mountain » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:07 pm

<quote user="c۞g">
To request a Site Eval, you're supposed to claim your site
also, you must be registered.

A Site eval reply => notify OP is a good idea.
This should be via user notification, an automated system to Site Evaluation OP's similar to those _we_ get from "Admin" stating something like:
Hi,
The following replies have have been posted to your site's evaluation discussion.
Please read and respond to these replies as you have requested.

As for email notification, there should be an option when creating the SE topic.
However, it should be OPT-IN meaning the offer is there but OP must select to choose it.

I have 2 more ideas is addition to OP notification :)
  1. IF 1 or more reply is made
    AND the OP does not respond (reply in discussion) in ... 21 days (3 weeks)
    THEN the OP is automatically locked and no new eval topic could be made for that domain
  2. Site eval's for ADULT related domains
    Should have a check box for admin to confirm
    IF selected
    then WOT should have an overlay stating
    This site contains content not suitable for children, please use discretion.
    Continue? [_} No | [_] Yes
The adult child safety warning idea came from this site eval: [url=https://www.mywot.com/forum/30532-mysexyshop-org t=_self]mysexyshop.org[/url]
This child warning would be good for new / existing topics as well through out the forums.
[/quote]

Agreed ! Good additions
The only thing is that is is happening WITHIN WoT itself and if requesters don't visit WoT anymore ( like some rookies don't ) they still aren't notified.
Hence my idea of notifying them on their E-mailbox.
Everyone checks his mail frequently and if they don't, then they're not really worth the attention anymore and your 21 days idea will be applicable.
Like Issviews said : You can bring a horse to the water ( = sending an E-mail ) but you can't force them to drink ( = responding )
In my view then it's DONE

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm

@ Admins : It has become rather silent in this thread.
Is something from the discussion here going to be implemented ?
I would regret to see this thread ( and all the ideas and additions ) simply die............

theglassetcher

Post by theglassetcher » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:51 pm

I think it would be a valuable tool to help promote communication and self sustainable network of support..
any complications that arise can be addressed along the way..

Lot's of great ideas here to start with..

Armored

Post by Armored » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm

<quote user="dutch mountain">
I would regret to see this thread ( and all the ideas and additions ) simply die............
[/quote] I agree.

<quote user="myxt">
Possibility 2
Upon creation of a topic, a BIG MESSAGE prompts the OP to immediately subscribe to his RSS feed, or save a link or bookmark, or otherwise religiously follow and respond to his topic, because volunteers - Volunteers! - are offering their (limited) time to assist him.
[/quote] If the voluntary email notification isn't going to be put in place. . . at the very least this suggestion should.

Edit:
On second thought, this BIG MESSAGE should be put in place regardless. The two would compliment each other, because some might prefer bookmarks or RSS feeds. Personally I think RSS feeds are fantastic-I use them all the time to keep in touch with threads, scorecards and even the "comment flag system" we have in the Forums:)

Jicé

Post by Jicé » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm

<quote user="dutch mountain">
@ Admins : It has become rather silent in this thread.
Is something from the discussion here going to be implemented ?
[/quote]
Even though I did not participate, I followed this discussion with interest.
<quote user="theglassetcher">Lot's of great ideas here to start with..[/quote]
Indeed!
---------------
I would also regret to see this thread ( and all the ideas and additions ) simply die............
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am

Thanks for the support..........

Timo

Post by Timo » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:12 am

I think you have valid point. Some site owners just claim the site and don't do anything else. Idea of sending emails to OP is a good one and we will implement it, based on your suggestions. First thing is that we will go through texts on the claiming process and improve them so that OP will understand better what they are doing and emphasize the importance of forum conversation.

Armored

Post by Armored » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 am

<quote user="timo">
. . . .we will implement it . . . .
[/quote]
Cool.

Jicé

Post by Jicé » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:16 pm

<quote user="timo">
I think you have valid point. Some site owners just claim the site and don't do anything else. Idea of sending emails to OP is a good one and we will implement it, based on your suggestions. First thing is that we will go through texts on the claiming process and improve them so that OP will understand better what they are doing and emphasize the importance of forum conversation.
[/quote]

Thank you @Timo for your answer.
I am glad that WOT administrators are listening and are willing to constantly improve WOT.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 pm

<quote user="timo">
[/quote]

Wow........ Excellent !
Thanks Timo.