Forum improvement proposal.

Timo

RE: Forum improvement proposal.

Post by Timo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 am

We have now implemented email notifications to site owners. Site owner will get notification when someone answers to his/her site evaluation request.

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 am

<quote user="timo">
We have now implemented email notifications to site owners. Site owner will get notification when someone answers to his/her site evaluation request.
[/quote]

That's good.
Thank you

Jicé

Post by Jicé » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 am

<quote user="timo">
[/quote]
This is great news.
Thank you Timo.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:11 pm

<quote user="timo">
[/quote]

Thanks for the improvement.
I'm sure this will give a great boost to the effectiveness of the forum section.
Peter

LaChiko

Post by LaChiko » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm

<quote user="dutch mountain">
Thanks for the improvement.
I'm sure this will give a great boost to the effectiveness of the forum section.
Peter
[/quote]

Excellent,
I requested a site eval in early january and didn't see the response (which came an hour later) until late march
this new system will be very handy

Thanks.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:48 pm

<quote user="lachiko">
I requested a site eval in early january and didn't see the response (which came an hour later) until late march
this new system will be very handy[/quote]
That is irresponsible
To create a topic which explicitly requests feedback just to abandon it for 2 months.
If you're not concerned about your domain(s) reputation, why should we?

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:08 pm

<quote user="c۞g">
That is irresponsible
To create a topic which explicitly requests feedback just to abandon it for 2 months.
If you're not concerned about your domain(s) reputation, why should we?
[/quote]

I had some similar experience in a thread called "callistamodel.com" , that has in the mean time been removed for inappropriate content ( not by me BTW ! ).
There the o.p. said : My two month gap in replying here was simple: I'd forgotten all about it. A colleague of mine told me about it and that's when I saw there was a reply to my request.

And those were the reasons why I came with the proposal.
I saw this happen over and over again and felt the urgent need to find a solution.
Hence I'm very happy with Timo's message that the improvement has been implemented.

Note : Maybe it's just a feeling, but I get the idea that the amount of unanswered or "fast dying" requests is reducing since then.
We'll see how it developes further.

Peter

BTW : I hope that your idea ( https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/32236-registered-account-proposal ) will also be implemented a.s.a.p.

@ addysaw : Welcome to WOT and thanks for the support. Always nice to hear the opinion of someone who came in new.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:17 pm

I wouldn't call it irresponsible to fail to check the thread. Most forums notify you of follow ups by default. Someone who isn't familiar with WOT might not realize they have to keep checking -- especially when such a high percentage of threads don't get any response, even from people who read it and rate the site in question.