Feature request.

Feature request.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:39 pm

Add links to the forum and other sections on the toolbar pop-up window.

Jazspeak

RE: Feature request.

Post by Jazspeak » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:49 am

It is easy enough to access links to the forum, etc, from the WOT addon by clicking on the "View scorecard for rating details" and when the scorecard opens in its separate tab or window then, as if by magic, there are the links for which you are asking. OK, so it takes two clicks instead of one but it is not like people don't have the extra couple of seconds it takes to open the scorecard.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 pm

<quote user="jazspeak">
It is easy enough to access links to the forum, etc, from the WOT addon by clicking on the "View scorecard for rating details" and when the scorecard opens in its separate tab or window then, as if by magic, there are the links for which you are asking. OK, so it takes two clicks instead of one but it is not like people don't have the extra couple of seconds it takes to open the scorecard.
[/quote]

My thought was that we would bring more traffic to the forum, blog, and wiki if links were right there.
Not really for my ease of use.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:16 pm

In my opinion this is a very good idea.
When I began to use mywot I was not aware that mywot had a forum and a blog and I found them out about 1 year later or more.

I am naive, lazy and inattentive, I know ;)

[EDIT] not to count that I could see that mywot has also a wiki about two years later

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm

It's a good idea, but it would be hard to implement. Do you only link to discussions started by the website owners, or also those started by other members? Do you link to individual posts that mention a website, or to threads, which may be many pages long? Do you link to any post that contains a mention of a website? And how do you pick up on them if they are not live links?

If you tried to automate this, you'd get a lot of links to threads that only mention a particular website or link to hosted images but which don't tell you much about the site itself.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:06 pm

I notice in the pop-up there is a View my page link to the far right on the same line with My activity score. I think that text should be reduced to simply Profile since 1. it's "mine" and 2. no one ever suggests a user to visit their "my page" to edit profile changes, it's always go to "your profile."
Reducing that text would allow room for Forum | Profile

That entire line is for a user who is registered on the forums; activity can only be associated with a registered account. I wonder what it looks like for users not registered?

Armored

Post by Armored » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:36 am

<quote user="scientific frontline">Add links to the forum . . . . on the toolbar pop-up window.[/quote] About 2 weeks ago I noticed a link to the Forum was added in the pop-up window. I think it's a good idea, and will be using it.

A good suggestion SF-thanks!

@Admin

Thanks for adding that link in the pop-up window.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:26 am

<quote user="armored">
About 2 weeks ago I noticed a link to the Forum was added in the pop-up window. I think it's a good idea, and will be using it.

A good suggestion SF-thanks!

@Admin

Thanks for adding that link in the pop-up window.
[/quote]

Interesting. . . I have the latest version of WoT on FF20, yet I still don't see it.

Armored

Post by Armored » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am

<quote user="scientific frontline">
Interesting. . . I have the latest version of WoT on FF20, yet I still don't see it.
[/quote] I'm using Chrome latest version, the link is on the top of the pop-up:
I would like to hear if others have the Forum link and what browser they are using. Off-course Sami can post and clear things up.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm

Maybe not for FF yet