Armored

RE: Another Feature Request

Post by Armored » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:42 pm

<quote user="scientific frontline">
When a site is removed from being blacklisted by a "Trusted Source"

1. Inform those that have rated.
[/quote] Makes sense to do that.

<quote user="c۞g">
WOT does not communicate to users based on their ratings but may send Admin Notices to those who have commented on a site which has recently requested a Site Evaluation.
[/quote] Not correct. I got one of those "Admin notices" for a site I rated without commenting on.

spectre

Post by spectre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:02 pm

<quote user="armored">

Not correct. I got one of those "Admin notices" for a site I rated without commenting on.
[/quote]

I've had several, they seem to appear everytime someone requests an evaluation for a site you've rated poor.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 pm

<quote user="shazza">
I've had several, they seem to appear everytime someone requests an evaluation for a site you've rated poor.
[/quote]

Indeed. Same here, three times during the last week, even if I didn't comment those site scorecards, not to count that those sites were never listed in any blacklist, although even a sightless person would see those sites are scam.

Weren't ratings confidential?

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:27 pm

<quote user="leofelix">
Weren't ratings secret?
[/quote]
Secrecy depends on your definition I suppose.
An automated response is not really telling anyone anything. If it was completely secret then it would not appear on your profile or your activity score that you performed the rating.

So in this definition "secret" would be that no one other then administration, and the program that handles the automation of updating member activity, rating list, and notifications.

How many would complain if all their secret ratings never increased the activity. . . That is what would happen if it was truly and completely secret.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:29 pm

<quote user="scientific frontline">

So in this definition "secret" would be that no one other then administration, and the program that handles the automation of updating member activity, rating list, and notifications.

[/quote]

Then it is not secret since someone else knows it

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:31 pm

<quote user="leofelix">
Then it is not secret since someone knows it
[/quote]

It should be secret as your password: Encryted and nobody can read it. I think it's that way. Not sure though...

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:36 pm

<quote user="leofelix">
Then it is not secret since someone knows it
[/quote]

If you told me something in confidence (secret) and I told no one. . . It still be a secret between us. (of course don't tell me, I can't keep a secret like most women.)
The secret rating is between you and WoT.
Ponder that dear Captain.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:40 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
It should be secret as your password: Encryted and nobody can read it. I think it's that way. Not sure though...
[/quote]

Not exactly. I'm pretty sure administrators can see what site scorecard each member rated although

http://www.mywot.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_can.2 ... _a_site.3F

[cite]It's always been WOT's policy to keep user ratings private and have a secret ballot

[cite] If users want to reveal their opinion of a website to others, they have an option to post a comment. If all ratings were public, users might be reluctant to rate certain sites, because it would reveal to everyone they have actually visited them. Not to mention that users with an opposite agenda might start intimidating others to change their ratings. This all would lead to less ratings, which leads to less reliable reputations; something nobody wants. [/cite]

I'm not accustomed to complain, but I find those notifications about scorecard I didn't comment an invasion of my privacy

[EDIT TO ADD]

[cite]If you told me something in confidence (secret) and I told no one. . . Would it still not be a secret between us.
The secret rating is between you and WoT.
Ponder that dear Captain.[/cite]

Although I am aware that admins know what sites I rated, I'm afraid, I never told them what site scorecards I rated and how I rated them

spectre

Post by spectre » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 pm

<quote user="leofelix">

I'm not accustomed to complain, but I find those notifications about scorecard I didn't comment an invasion of my privacy

[/quote]

I agree, I would like the option to disable this function. I am capable of updating my comments & ratings myself when I think it's
necessary. I feel I am being pressurised when I receive these annoyances.

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:52 pm

<quote user="leofelix">
Although I am aware that admins know what sites I rated, I'm afraid, I never told them what site scorecards I rated and how I rated them
[/quote]

One definition of secret: "kept from the knowledge of any but the initiated or privileged"

Leo don't make me jump on the next plane and slap you into submission.

Just say, "ok Heidi," and all will be fine. ~smiles~