Olkahoma City tornado

alphacentauri

RE: Olkahoma City tornado

Post by alphacentauri » Thu May 23, 2013 1:29 am

I was wondering about your son -- did you say he lives in Shawnee?

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2013 12:01 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">
I was wondering about your son -- did you say he lives in Shawnee?
[/quote]

Don't remember ever saying, yet he did at one time. . . also moved away from Moore just two weeks ago.

Though I knew 4 that lost homes, and sadly a 10 year old acquaintance has left us.

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 am

<quote user="superhero58">
@ DT =

Thanks for letting us know that all of you are fine , and for the link
My tithe , is heading in that direction

@Anyone , who wants to , I invite you to give via the American Red Cross , whatever the amount , it would go a long way to help them

Also your prayers and thoughts , for healing and mending

[/quote]
Thank you.

We are known for being a bunch of rednecks, yet Okies are also strong at heart, good natured, and overcome such tragedies.

tellonem

Post by tellonem » Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 am

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Mandy and I are well, though has personally hit are hearts. Though not ready to discuss.
Two days of tornado's tore up twenty one counties in Oklahoma. Moore which is part of Oklahoma City Metro is devastated.

Thanks for your concern, and if you wish to help contact the American Red Cross. http://www.redcross.org/news/press-release/Red-Cross-Statement-on-Oklahoma-Tornado
[/quote]

Glad you"re OK. I"ll bet you"re shook up.

tellonem

Post by tellonem » Fri May 24, 2013 12:20 am

Probably don't respond to email with money though.

Armored

Post by Armored » Fri May 24, 2013 7:40 am

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Though I knew 4 that lost homes, and sadly a 10 year old acquaintance has left us.
[/quote] Sorry to hear that-very sad news. . I hope everyone involved has good support from friends & family.

Take care of yourself Heidi.

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2013 2:20 pm

Whist my sympathies and best wishes go out to those who suffered as any disaster (man made or not) which causes devastation amongst the population and loss of many lives is a sad thing but (no disprect intended to those in the US who suffered) I am getting sick of seeing posts about the US alone! What about the children in war torn countries or the devastation suffered by families in Palestine, libya, Iran,, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Japan and so many more? Have people forgotton that the world and diasters don't just evolve around the US yet people neglect to mention it!

NotBuyingIt

adding insult to injury

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri May 24, 2013 3:29 pm

<quote user="issviews">
I am getting sick of seeing posts about the US alone!
[...]
Have people forgotton that the world and diasters don't just evolve around the US yet people neglect to mention it!
[/quote]\

Please, will everyone stay on topic.

I initiated this thread and I clearly set its scope to express concern and best wishes for the WOT community members who may have been adversely affected by one particular disaster. I ask that my thread be respected for what it is intended. To state the entirely obvious: There is ample opportunity for other matters to be discussed in other threads.

As world disasters run, the tornado was a relatively small one. Yet, overwhelming insult has already been visited upon it. In particular, the website infowars.com ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones t=_self]wiki[/url]; [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/infowars.com t=_self]scorecard[/url]), which currently has an excellent WOT reputation in all categories, promotes the outrageous notion that the disaster arose from some "government conspiracy". Perhaps readers may wish to begin a thread about that site in the [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/3 t=_self]Reputations discussion forum[/url] or elsewhere.

RE: adding insult to injury

Post by Guest » Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">Please, will everyone stay on topic. [/quote]
I was on topic and added to it, so put the soap box away please. If you take the time to look over past threads in WOT, you will see that my observation is justified and we will have WOT members in the countries I mentioned in my previous post yet I it appears obvious to me that their plight is ignored.

As for Infowars and other conspiracy sites, they (like most media) are not always right. Furthermore linking a scorecard followed by your own opinion on what the site wrote about the disaster is (to put it bluntly) co-hersing others to adopt your point of view and adversly rate the site based on this. Hardly fair is it?

NotBuyingIt

RE: adding insult to injury

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 pm

<quote user="issviews">
I was on topic and added to it, so put the soap box away please. If you take the time to look over past threads in WOT, you will see that my observation is justified and we will have WOT members in the countries I mentioned in my previous post yet I it appears obvious to me that their plight is ignored.

As for Infowars and other conspiracy sites, they (like most media) are not always right. Furthermore linking a scorecard followed by your own opinion on what the site wrote about the disaster is (to put it bluntly) co-hersing others to adopt your point of view and adversly rate the site based on this. Hardly fair is it?
[/quote]

@IssViews

Either you have something to contribute about the plight of WOT users affected by the recent disaster or you do not. Everything else is off-topic. Should they wish, other readers are free to explain how I may misunderstand your comments, but you apparently infer that the disaster's victims are somehow unfairly glorified or shown excessive sympathy for their suffering because they are Americans — and you are "sick" of it. Readers may wish to ponder that "sickness". Such words as those portray a mean-spirited and desiccated sense of humanity. Therefore, I would be very happy for someone to demonstrate how I have misconstrued your comments.

There is a widely held social convention about holding one's tongue for a "decent interval" after a tragedy, allowing at the very minimum, enough time for the bodies to be buried. It wouldn't hurt to hold off your indignation or your tut-tut! or your Tch! for a few days. Your bile duct isn't going to explode.

This convention was assumed by internet etiquette early on; the world wide web has developed within its environment. I'll grant that venomous posts and flames are recognized as part of the same history; but they are expected to be expressed elsewhere. Likewise, the topic and scope of this thread conforms to that tradition. We make the benign presumption that everyone has had the time by now to have become acquainted with those manners; the deviation from them is quite the curiosity.

That you imagine the plight of others is ignored is faint justification for hijacking this thread. I do not welcome your inappropriate posts or your disrespect for the scope of this thread. I strongly recommend that you burden some other thread with your indignation.