Olkahoma City tornado

MysteryFCM

RE: Olkahoma City tornado

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat May 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Not going to ask again folks. Leave the personal attacks, insults etc, out of it and stay on topic, or I'll simply remove the thread.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat May 25, 2013 12:41 pm

It wasn't so much they were offensive, but more to do with their both OT as far as why the thread was started, and the posts leading to high and unhealthy emotions, which led to some personal insults being thrown around. Given where it went and how quickly, I decided to interject and remove some of the posts, not least due to my already mentioning this in a previous post (note: none of my replies on this thread, have been directed at anyone specifically).

Armored

Post by Armored » Sat May 25, 2013 1:56 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Frankly I thought this thread was started not because it was a tragedy in the US, but because an active member in the forum since 2009 was known to be from Oklahoma City.
[/quote] That's what I thought as well. .

OctoberInTheChair

Post by OctoberInTheChair » Sat May 25, 2013 2:22 pm

<quote user="armored">
That's what I thought as well. .
[/quote]

Same here. As well as the fact that the Winner of our 2012 "Most Active" award and our 2010 "Publicity" award who's been here since early 2008 also lives in OK. (That's this member https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/35176-olkahoma-city-tornado?comment=203512#comment-203512 That's two highly respected, intelligent, hardworking members in harm's way. And I know I feared for both of them.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat May 25, 2013 3:24 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
So you 've hidden these posts because they were (a bit) off Topic? But it seems you've missed to hide to previous posts, that started this. Odd.

When someone starts tp promote something on this thread, that wouls be off topic. But what have been posted always had a connection.

Could you please explain why my first hidden post was off Topic?
[/quote]

Not quite. I removed them both due to their being way off topic (in as much as becoming a "USA vs {party}" argument), and it's becoming heated to the point of guestimated insults and such like. As mentioned in my PM, I'm trying to remain impartial, which is why posts from all parties were removed, rather than selected parties.

I left the posts on the previous page, as I'd already responded to those.

If everyone can refrain from the argumentatives in as much as the USA tradegy vs those elsewhere (for reasons that are very obvious), then there is no problem.

if I'm not explaining this well, please advise (been awake and working almost flat out since waking up yesterday).

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat May 25, 2013 3:28 pm

<quote user="superhero58">
At not time was any of the members, discussing anything else, but the well -being of members that live in Oklahoma and the means to help those who are in need[/quote]

Sadly this is not the case, some of those removed, resorted to the levels of guestimated personal insults, which is way out of topic.

Kraft gave a link to a good report, one our members told us that she was doing fine and a link was provided for those who wanted to help

That is a good deed that was started by Notbuyingit, should we punish this deed because a user decided to create a hostile and offensive environment that, was off topic?[/quote]

Absolutely not, and that is certainly not, nor was it ever, my intention.

If a member feels that a discussion shall be started about a certain point, they could start a thread under that heading, but allowing to flame a thread, with the purpose of closing it; is not right
[/quote]

I'll not be taking further action unless previous activities continue, and if possible, will ask an admin to lock it, rather than remove it, as I do appreciate the purpose and sensitivity, of its creation.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sat May 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Frankly I thought this thread was started not because it was a tragedy in the US, but because an active member in the forum since 2009 was known to be from Oklahoma City. Not just because it happened in the USA and not somewhere else.
[/quote]
Yeah, that's what it was about and nothing else
Done with this forum nonsense.
[/quote]
Well, not everything was nonsense, the arguing was though.
@ MysteryFCM
Agree with your post :

"Think this has degenerated enough, so will say this once - leave the politics*, insults* and general non-friendliness*, at the door before you come in please.

* I know I know, freedom of speech and all that, but if it's just going to lead to arguing, it's best left out of it all together - this is a friendly and more importantly, all-age friendly, forum, remember."

PERIOD !

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat May 25, 2013 4:49 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
Both? You have hidden more than 2.

You claimed you have hidden some more to be "fair". Fair would have been, too hide all off Topic. Although that's an odd idea of how to moderate a forum.

Since it's likely that someone might use a word that doesn't fit to this topic, maybe everyone should stop posting

Well, maybe you should relax a bit. Maybe before coming here and hiding everything
[/quote]

I believe there's been a bit of confusion here. By;

"I removed them both due to their being way off topic"

I meant both = both of the following reasons

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Sat May 25, 2013 8:50 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
You have no idea about the hidden posts, right????[/quote]

Stop referencing the hidden posts! They were hidden as they were causing a disruption and/or going against forum rules. You keep referencing them and therefore are further causing the same disruption. Let it go. If you think a moderator is out of line then report them to the admins or take it up with that moderator or the admins through PMs. It's not something that needs to play out in the forums and especially not in this topic. This topic has nothing to do with forum issues, hidden posts or forum rules.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat May 25, 2013 10:07 pm

With the greatest respect, I will like you to see that this thread, started at the General forum, where any is idea is shared

As you can see, the title of the thread

I hope that Heidi-Ann and all other community members in Oklahoma City are safe and well.[/quote]
The title of the thread is listed in each reply unless you edit it:

Since the thread is not a:
  • Website reputation discussion
  • Site evaluation
  • WOT Support topic
This topic was created in the proper forum: General discussion
The description for this forum section does not infer that every topic created is meant to go off-topic since it is a "general" topic.

[url=https://www.mywot.com/orum/4908-forum-guidelines t=_self]Forum guidelines[/url]
2. Stay on topic
Read the thread subject and the first post, and when replying to the post, make sure it is relevant. Periodically review your previous postings to ensure that the information is still accurate.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off_topic t=_self]Off-topic[/url] replies are considered inappropriate content and may be removed [moderated] without notification (not flagged / user not PM'ed)..