WOT freemium

WookieInHeat

RE: WOT freemium

Сообщение WookieInHeat » Пн апр 07, 2014 5:18 pm

haha, yeah right, absolutely no way i am going to give money to WoT.

WoT permits politically/ideologically motivated negative reviews and ratings of even the most benign of right-wing websites, while WoT administrators delete similarly motivated reviews for even the most extreme of left-wing websites to give them positive ratings.

after i came to the realization that WoT was being used by its operators for political purposes like this, i started taking WoT ratings with a grain of salt and continued using the service as a means of front line virus and malware protection. but there are other chrome plugins that can perform that function just as well.

i've used WoT for years and have recommended it to numerous people. when i've done fresh installs of windows and OS X for friends and family, chrome and WoT were always the first things i would install on the fresh system. no longer.

goodbye WoT.

PensiveLionTurtle

Сообщение PensiveLionTurtle » Пн апр 07, 2014 6:48 pm

I rarely register to post on forums, but in this case I had to.

I appreciate the work the WOT community has put forth, and while I -may- consider donating, I'm not willing to subscribe to a yearly subscription model, nor are the people that I recommend this browser addon to. I install this addon for parents and older users to provide them with a visual clue to better guide their internet browsing and to make their life easier, not to try and sell them a product.

If a yearly paid subscription model is something that WOT will be starting from here on out, then it will be at this point that I will discontinue using it and find another alternative.

Caebron

Сообщение Caebron » Пн апр 07, 2014 8:28 pm

Well, I have left plenty of rating and comments in the past and yet I am expected to pony up a fee? Too bad WOT is going down that road. What's stranger is that only one of all the ratings I have left in the past, shows on my profile.

Uninstalled.

Сообщение Guest » Пн апр 07, 2014 11:53 pm

My response is simple.
I'm cancelling this account.
Removing WOT from all browsers.
There are others I use that are, quite frankly, a damned site better than yours and their ratings are by far more accurate.
So, charge away WOT . . . just reaffirms what I've been warned about by those who ARE NOT overly impressed with you.
Just won't be me contributing $ to this little subjective witch hunt you claim is a "valuable" service.
What a crock.

Toonami

Сообщение Toonami » Вт апр 08, 2014 12:07 am

Hey, WOT owners... In case you didn't know, we Anons here on the internet LOVE things that remain free. When you make everyone PAY for an add-on like this, it's ridiculous. I donate at least 100 dollars to programs that just keep something small on the site like "Donate". Just ask for a donation. You'll get more in a year from donations than forcing everyone to pay up. Seriously.

Supuhstar

Сообщение Supuhstar » Вт апр 08, 2014 12:16 am

Was gonna recommend this to my mom, but now it's useless to both of us. Uninstalling.
Edit: wait, I have an activity score of 830! How come I don't get the safety icons anymore?

Toonami

Сообщение Toonami » Вт апр 08, 2014 3:14 am

Been here since August 2012. It was fun. I don't want to see a black triangle with an exclamation point when I try to surf the web safely. It was fun while it lasted but I must now uninstall WOT.

Maybe you'll bring back the good service you sought out to give. Until then, farewell.

Laidi

Сообщение Laidi » Вт апр 08, 2014 11:42 am

<quote user="supuhstar">
Was gonna recommend this to my mom, but now it's useless to both of us. Uninstalling.
Edit: wait, I have an activity score of 830! How come I don't get the safety icons anymore?
[/quote]

Have you synchronize your account?
If not, then you need to go to your profile tab and then press the synchronize tab (it will appear in pink colour if you haven't made the synchronization yet)

Сообщение Guest » Вт апр 08, 2014 5:23 pm

Reading recent posts it's clear to see that this experiment by WoT is not being favoured and leading to a few people leaving. Admittedly some (if not a lot) have contributed little to the forums or scorecards but there is a definate indication that this venture is not going down well with people. I wonder how many silent members just uninstalled WoT without further ado, having realised the way it planned to go.

Come on WoT rethink things before too much damage is done.

Kitzey

Сообщение Kitzey » Вт апр 08, 2014 5:46 pm

<quote user="fantozzi">
[img]http://i.imgur.com/pFBqph3.png[/img]
[/quote]

Obviously you dont know how to read my prior post....I have promoted WOT for years through social media and have sent thousands there way....I HAVE supported them by giving them more members to help them on Facebook, twitter and several other social sites....I believe that constitutes "supporting" WOT. I will hold back on what really should be said to you...

Ответить