WOT freemium

spectre

RE: WOT freemium

Post by spectre » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:36 pm

<quote user="laidi">
But keep in mind that It is difficult for a service to satisfy everyone's needs. Some people will be against, some will be in favor.
I can see why some people are against WOT's cooperation with Facebook, but on the other hand, some users say that WOT should search for partnerships.
[/quote]

And you need to bear in mind that you are selling opinions not realtime security. If the majority stop contributing how are you going to sustain this service?
I have no problem with wot partnering with other companies, it's your choice of some partners I have a problem with.
How can you partner with a company that has no interest in user safety, when you profess to being here to protect users?

Laidi

Post by Laidi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:10 pm

<quote user="shazza">
And you need to bear in mind that you are selling opinions not realtime security. If the majority stop contributing how are you going to sustain this service?
I have no problem with wot partnering with other companies, it's your choice of some partners I have a problem with.
How can you partner with a company that has no interest in user safety, when you profess to being here to protect users?
[/quote]

FB users also need to be protected from ending-up in websites with poor reputation.
But, in any case, WOT's partnerships don't have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Well, it's come to the stage where I no longer have any faith, confidence or trust in WOT, its toolbar, ratings and services so will be deleting my account and the toolbar from my machine as I think you your business model has changed for the worst and is now acting against those who helped put you where you are today.

Farewell WOT and best wished to those people I have come to know since I started here.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Farewell WOT and best wished to those people I have come to know since I started here
I had disagreements in the past with you, but never did I doubt your honesty and knowledge
And if this add - on, ever recovers from the damage done, by its staff owners, then I trust that you will come back, for your hard work will be badly needed
Best regards,mate!
Edit - 12.20 pm - April,12,2014

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 pm

<quote user="">
Well, it's come to the stage where I no longer have any faith, confidence or trust in WOT, its toolbar, ratings and services so will be deleting my account and the toolbar from my machine as I think you your business model has changed for the worst and is now acting against those who helped put you where you are today.

Farewell WOT and best wished to those people I have come to know since I started here.
[/quote],

It will be sad to see you go! You are a very helpful member to many in the community! Maybe you might reconsider? Especially when this experiment is done, or some other method might be put in place by the WOT developers?

Satch

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 pm

<quote user="donsorg">
Hello, looks like your add-on is not synchronized with your WOT account and this is why it thinks that activity score is less than 500.
Please consider to syncronize: https://www.mywot.com/wiki/Synchronize
[/quote]

Have repeatedly attempted to synchronize WOT via Chrome v35 and now v36. Synchronization is not working. If WOT is going to force payment for site ratings, other extensions such as Webutation will continue to develop. I've been using WOT for years and installing it on computers touched during the course of my consulting gigs. That will cease should WOT continue to on the current path.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:02 pm

There is no way I am paying WOT to rate sites especially after years of supporting their efforts through use of their extensions and installing their extension for FF and Chrome on both my family's and consulting PCs.

Also on the subject of one's ratings not syncing from one system to another, I have repeatedly attempted to synchronize WOT via Chrome v35 and now v36. Synchronization is not working.

If WOT is going to force payment for site ratings, other extensions such as Webutation will continue to develop. I've been using WOT for years and installing it on nearly every workstation I've touched. That will cease should WOT continue on the current path as it is useless in its current state. While beneficial, it is not essential for web activity.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 pm

First and foremost, I'm very sorry to see IssViews deleted his account, though I can understand his reasons.
Another valuable member left mywot. This is very sad.

Second: I'd like to know if this screen is available in other languages (eg: italian, french, spanish)
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/45536-WOT-freemium?comment=247810#comment-247810
I'm asking because I installed mywot in some computers belonging to relatives and friends who utilize mywot only, the most of of them do not even have an account.

Last but not least; unfortunately I do not think this new feature will bring any benefit to mywot.

Mywot is advertised as freeware, it is not anymore, not for Chrome users who never rated a site scorecard, at least.

I understand the company behind mywot must earn money to survive, I think the most interesting alternative proposal has been given by c۞g, if I remember right:
An app for android and other mobile devices available for a small amount of money might be really helpful indeed.

Timo

Post by Timo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:56 am

<quote user="">

[/quote]

It causes me a lot of pain to see you leave. You have been valuable member of our community. I'm asking you to reconsider one more time before making final decision. Thank you for many good years that we have had and good luck with future endeavors.

Timo

Post by Timo » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:16 am

<quote user="leofelix">
Second: I'd like to know if this screen is available in other languages (eg: italian, french, spanish)
https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/45536-WOT-freemium?comment=247810#comment-247810
I'm asking because I installed mywot in some computers belonging to relatives and friends who utilize mywot only, the most of of them do not even have an account.
[/quote]

Test is limited only those who have english add-on. So no worried for those that have other language. We shall also discontinue this test at latest next Wednesday.

<quote user="leofelix">
Last but not least; unfortunately I do not think this new feature will bring any benefit to mywot.

Mywot is advertised as freeware, it is not anymore, not for Chrome users who never rated a site scorecard, at least.
[/quote]

It's obviously true that this doesn't give anything direct to the users just annoyance and lot of bad blood from our loyal users. However we must remember that this is a test where we are testing a ground and seeing how it feels. Also there is one big benefit that people haven't considered at all and is the continue ti of the WOT service in general. . WOT needs to find way to make money at least as much that covers server cost.

<quote user="leofelix">
I understand the company behind mywot must earn money to survive, I think the most interesting alternative proposal has been given by c۞g, if I remember right:
An app for android and other mobile devices available for a small amount of money might be really helpful indeed.
[/quote]

c۞g idea is a good one. We have some plans to do it, but it requires money and time to get implemented. Also it's not evident how much money we could make with our own browser or would anyone even use it. There are so many free alternatives and most of them. WOT browser would have same problem as others that it would be two steps behind official Chrome browsers.