Thanking Timo

jpzip

Thanking Timo

Post by jpzip » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 pm

As some of you may have already noticed as the summer holiday period closes, Timo, the co-founder of WOT, has moved to another job outside WOT. Sergey (i.e. donsorg) is now the technical chief of WOT.

Timo will be reading this thread so if you have some wishes for him for the future - or like us, want to thank him for his eight year contribution to WOT - don’t hesitate to share your thoughts here.

RE: Thanking Timo?

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 pm

@Timo =

That is weird, I will think that you, should be the one telling us this

Nevertheless, Sami and you got us to believe, in your dream and we gave it all, but as for me

I believed that we were changing the world, forgetting that monetizing a dream, is simply impossible

All I could tell you and I mean it, from the bottom of my heart, is that you get what you deserve, and when you do, remember us:)

I am a dreamer, but at WOT we fought real monsters and not windmills, I never knew that society will change so much, in this century and not for good, but at the end and for me what really matters, is that I do not change, no matter how tempting that may be, like in this case today
I do not know who owns this company now, but the new staff is clueless and does not communicate with us, .......... talk about trust!

In the words of one of the greatest that ever played the game and I watched him play
Leadership is getting players to believe in you. If you tell a teammate you're ready to play as tough as you're able to, you'd better go out there and do it. Players will see right through a phony.

And they can tell when you're not giving it all you've got
Larry Bird

RE: Thanking Timo

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Damn. . . Enjoy your new career Timo, and thanks for all your help in the past.

@jpzip Not to trash this thread, but it is way past time to respond here: https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/49576-so-admin-what-s-up

Timo

Post by Timo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi all,

It has been great working together with you guys for the past eight years. You all are the reason why WOT become so big and respected by others. It saddens me to leave WOT and it has been difficult too. Not a day goes by that I don't think about WOT. It makes it a bit easier that I believe that WOT has been able to make Internet safer place for those who have used the add-on.

Thank you all for your hard work and team spirit. I will miss you.

See you later,
Timo

jpzip

Post by jpzip » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

@DestinationTruth Sorry for not noticing the other thread (and the radio silence). We are not standing still and just reminiscing the past days of WOT. We are actively planning forward, have been doing that much of the summer. We just are not in a position to share anything concrete. I know this isn't the answer that people are looking for, but it is the only answer I have.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Good bye Timo
We will miss you.

MarkGiles

Post by MarkGiles » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 am

It sounds like "Finding Nemo". But no, it's Thanking Timo.

My heartfelt thanks for your tireless efforts to make the Internet a better place and a safer place. I am thankful that in mywot you have provided so many contributors with the means to build a premier ratings system. Yes, it does stand on the tireless efforts of so many volunteers, but in the final count, the system had to be there, and had to be workable to succeed. In wot you planted a seed which has grown into a powerful tree.

So my best wishes go with you as you depart for fresher fields and new endeavours. Good luck and blessings be upon you.

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 am

Hi Timo,

You will always be awesome and a creative and insightful innovator in anything you do! You and Sami made WOT a powerful and helpful tool to make the web safer for everyone!

WOT will still be great, but we all miss you! You will never be forgotten and always be remembered for your dedication to My WOT and its members.

Regards,

Satch

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Timo,
All the best and lots of succes in your new job and the rest of your life.
Not saying anything bad about who does your job now, but you will be missed.
Peter

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you for
Inventiveness
Hard work
Personal guidance
Keeping us from heavy liability from a bogus lawsuit
Friendship

Peace to you, your wife and family.
Hope your new endeavors are satisfying.