Coming soon?

Kerx

Coming soon?

Post by Kerx » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:32 am

I've noticed that under the MyWOT tab of this website when we're signed in, it says Identity Information: Coming Soon and Testimonies: Coming soon.

I was just wondering what exactly would those areas be used for and how soon is soon?

Sami

re:Coming soon?

Post by Sami » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:47 am

Those are just placeholders for some of the features we are planning for the website. For example, in future you might be able to review and change your testimonies in the My WOT section.

Unfortunately, there is a huge list of things we'd like to do, but only a limited amount of time, and these aren't our highest priority at the moment. I promise we'll get to it eventually.

jkoper

re: Coming soon?

Post by jkoper » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:50 pm

If these placeholders are to be replaced eventually, shouldn't the message express this?

'Eventually' does not equal 'Soon'

Sami

re:Coming soon?

Post by Sami » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.

gardenweeder

I'm deleting WOT

Post by gardenweeder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:06 pm

I absolutely loved WOT in the beginning. It was a truly useful, much needed and beneficial service . WOT received lots of recommendations in the beginning and placed them on their own website. ...probably forever. I think it's time the "recommenders" re-evaluate

Unfortunately WOT has become a nuisance since it reacts to ads on a website. I'm fed up with the warning screens coming up all the time because of those ads when I know without a doubt the website is safe.. I DON'T CARES ABOUT THOSE ADS!!!! Ads don't make a website safe or unsafe. I want to know if the WEBSITE itself is a safe one to visit. WOT responding to ads is NOT what I "signed up for".

Many have complained about this for months. WOT doesn't seem to have any plans to abandon this practice. In fact, it's getting worse. Your original commitment and purpose is a good one. You screwed up. Goodbye Web of Trust.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm

[cite]"Ads don't make a website safe or unsafe."[/cite]

Lookup the term malvertisements.

Regards
Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Warxas

Let me guess

Post by Warxas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:40 pm

You work for thundercloud.net? Also, if you really think that a website is safe, rate it green! The warnings will go away.

phantazm

Echo

Post by phantazm » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:25 pm

"Ads don't make a website safe or unsafe."

Ads are content like anything else displayed (or hiding) on a website.
If intentions are malicious, so are content. Ads or not...

There have been many examples of safe sites suddenly becoming
unsafe because of malevolent ads. Usually only temporarily, but yet...

demonluo

r u noobs, >85% of the ads r

Post by demonluo » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 pm

r u noobs? >85% of the ads r scam & might drive by download malware to ur pc especially if u click them...
even google, yahoo, microsoft ads can't be trusted...