How to improve WOT

The Big Bin

-

Post by The Big Bin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:51 pm

I think I sent them to Esa S. a couple of months ago when he was still in charge - nevermind, he'll certainly have got it and even if not, it was only a few very minor things. I must say that the German translations have gone way better over time. You should have seen them a year ago..!

--
Per aspera ad astra

Kraftwerk

I´ve received a good text

Post by Kraftwerk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:50 am

I´ve received a good text from a german Chamber of Commerce. Do you want me to send it to you or should i summarize it??

Blueberrycake Level Member of the WOT Community

Kraftwerk

The poll (main page)!

Post by Kraftwerk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:02 pm

the translation into german on the voting button is incorrect. It says "stimme". This is the translation for "vote", but it´s not the verb. to ask someone to vote is"stimme ab".

But as the poll itself is in english, it may should remain in english.

I´ve already contacted the support,but they didn´t react. So maybe i´m wrong. So i´ve decided to get more opinions.

c۞g

translation

Post by c۞g » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

As far as I am aware WOT translations are available because they link to Google AJAX Language API so all translations are done via Google and not because there are separate coded pages per language available.

Kraftwerk

Re:

Post by Kraftwerk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:58 pm

But not the choosen languages. The poll is not translated by google, soi think the button is not translated by google also.

Timo

Re: The poll (main page)!

Post by Timo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:50 pm

I actually answered your support mail and said that I will pass the information to our translators. Our original plan was to update translations on January but it was delayed. It means that I haven't been able to ask their opinion in this particular translation.

Since I don't speak German I can't know which translation is grammatically the best. For this reason I left the current translation intact. Would someone confirm that "Stimme ab" is indeed the best translation for "Vote" in this situation?

Kraftwerk

Re: Re: The poll (main page)!

Post by Kraftwerk » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi Timo.

I remember the mail. As you´ve written, you´ve planned to update translation till january. So i wasn´t sure if i might be wrong somehowso i tried to get another opinion with this posting.

aggro

Credibility of WOT in serious question

Post by aggro » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 pm

I'm fast getting to the point where I remove WOT from my browsers because of warnings and alerts that are flagrantly false and undeserved. When I check the ratings, comments, etc, I see a handful of posters who consistently rate good sites poorly, who are outvoted many times over by positive comments and votes, yet the miniscule minority rating prevails.

I can see some serious legal challenges in WOT's future if this imbalance continues.

Master Marik

Rate URLs on forums

Post by Master Marik » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:40 pm

Maybe WOT should allow rating URLs on forum posts so that you know not to click the URL if the site is shown to be bad.

c۞g

or

Post by c۞g » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

You could encourage the forum to incorporate WOT's widget or API so that all links show WOT's icon, even to those who do not have WOT installed.