[img]http://sib-war.clan.su/Images/sibwar_baner.gif[/img]

phantazm

How would that improve WOT?

Post by phantazm » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Mistaken thread, perhaps..?

Jazspeak

Just a suggestion

Post by Jazspeak » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 pm

It has occurred to me that the WOT symbol/button in the browser toolbar could show two ratings at once. For instance, an inner spot could show the personal rating of the site by the user and an outer ring could show the total rating of the site by the community (or vice versa). This would have the advantage of showing the WOT user an at-a-glance comparison of personal experience and WOT community experience, and if the WOT community decides that a previously dodgy site is now safe then the user could amend their own personal rating if they agree with the majority.

Hmmmm

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 pm

Interesting proposal. May have some merit, but haven't thought it through enough yet to render an "I second the motion". At first glance, however, this seems like a good idea.

c۞g

before

Post by c۞g » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 pm

"recent" and "new" were implemented, you had to scan each page and look at the publish date and time.

So now.. when "new" is replaced with "recent" posts you have read would be identifiable by the post title and those unfamiliar can be identified by date and time.

The inclusion of "new" and "recent" - about a year ago - was a much needed improvement.

I think it came about because of Mischacc's threads:
[url=http://www.mywot.com/forum/3002-threaten-with-a-lawsuite-because-of-wot-comments t=_self]Threaten with a lawsuite because of WOT comments[/url]
[url=http://www.mywot.com/forum/3069-the-complete-list-of-marco-borns-sites t=_self]The complete list of Marco Borns sites[/url]

Jazspeak

testimonial reviews

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:57 pm

WOT users are already able to leave comments on the WOT scorecards, so your suggestion is not really a way of improving WOT.

Your posting seems to suggest that you allow clients to put stuff on your site. Do you mean that those clients have FTP access to your web site files? If so then you are open to hacking, which is not a good idea.

wildbillnum1

human figures

Post by wildbillnum1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

I came here to find out why the figures (or bowling pins, I thought) were more for a low-rating. Thanks for letting me know.
Suggestion for WOT: Show us what they mean; don't make us search. :>(

QuickMan

Can't delete?

Post by QuickMan » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:18 am

Why you can. Click on a rating bar to on the site scorecard see two options above it. And you will see some two options: Close my rating, Delete. Pick the delete.

jdurette

FasterFox and WOT

Post by jdurette » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:39 pm

I like using the Faster Fox add-in: as I scroll down, sequential pages are loaded and I don't have to click the 'next' button. Unfortunately, if I am using a search engine, the WOT ratings only show up on the first page.

Harry_debug

Me too. It's part of the job.

Post by Harry_debug » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm

Me too. It's part of the job.