Microsoft Edge

rabit1

Microsoft Edge

Post by rabit1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:45 pm

Will there be any support for Microsoft Edge?

Site-rater

RE: Microsoft Edge

Post by Site-rater » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:16 pm

There is currently no support for extensions in Microsoft Edge, so I can only say WOT has no plans right now.
You can still use alternative browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. in Windows 10; you just need to set the default browser in Settings.

williKi

Post by williKi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Right on. When I was using the Windows 10 Insider Preview, I installed Firefox and used it as default instead.

MEV2333

Post by MEV2333 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:40 pm

#1 use of Microsoft Browsers is to download another browser.

isorense@bigpond.net.au

Post by isorense@bigpond.net.au » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 pm

There is a new version of Windows 10 being tested at the moment and I'm led to understand that The Microsoft Edge browser is going to be included in the next major Windows 10 update to be released early next year. Part of the update will include extension use for the Edge browser so I would like to know if WOT will at some point be doing an update to WOT to include the Edge browser. At the moment, anybody who is using the Edge browser is a sitting duck. It is also difficult to use another browser including IE11 for Windows 10 as it appears that I can not set any other browser as the default.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:30 pm

<quote user="isorense@bigpond.net.au">
There is a new version of Windows 10 being tested at the moment and I'm led to understand that The Microsoft Edge browser is going to be included in the next major Windows 10 update to be released early next year. Part of the update will include extension use for the Edge browser so I would like to know if WOT will at some point be doing an update to WOT to include the Edge browser. At the moment, anybody who is using the Edge browser is a sitting duck. It is also difficult to use another browser including IE11 for Windows 10 as it appears that I can not set any other browser as the default.
[/quote]

Don't be a duck. . . don't use Edge

Not sure why you have an issue setting other browsers as default.
Go to: Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:52 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Don't be a duck. . . don't use Edge
[/quote]

Is there a trick to rebrand it as "Firefox Downloader" or "Chrome Downloader" kind of like what you can do to IE at hxxp://www.howtogeek.com/96780/how-to-rename-i ... ownloader/ ?

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:12 pm

[green] Yeah, you can right-click on any program(especially on the desktop icon) and rename it any old thing you want. Another cool thing is you can also go into it's properties and give it any icon you want(The picture will need to be in the .ico format.) On this computer I have nearly every major browser installed for testing and comparison purposes and for stinky old [/green][red]IE[/red][green] I gave it a pile of sh*t with flies- and yes with the proper keywords you could actually get such an image from icon sites....

[/green]

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:32 am

The preview of Windows 10 released today in the "Fast" ring now has preliminary support for extensions. Unfortunately I cannot find much information regarding either availability of a SDK or what restrictions will be imposed on Edge extensions will be made, or whether said restrictions might cause an extension like WOT to be banned or prohibited from being open-source like the add-ons for the other browsers.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 pm

All I have read so far is: hxxp://betanews.com/2016/03/17/windows-10-build-14291-edge-extensions/

I'm on the slow ring so I'll just have to wait to see where it goes.