Don't be evil?

Don't be evil?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Google collects schoolchildren's personal data, including internet searches, a civil liberties group says.
In a complaint to the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) said the alleged practice broke both Google promises and trade rules.

It said Google products used in schools sent data to the company without first seeking parental permission.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34983245
I like to know the opinion of those running for office
Enough lies!
Transparency or criminal charges, the world cannot take it anymore
False promises, not more
Google or whoever can't keep on violating our rights, I like to see an honest company if that is possible to keep their word
Our rights are violated on a daily basis and this is the second threat to civilization Come on Google, you should know better than this

Don't be evil

Remember?

c۞g

RE: Don't be evil?

Post by c۞g » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:04 am

Evil has become standardized...
  • When Silicon Valley takes LSD | January 25, 2015

Code: Select all

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/25/technology/lsd-psychedelics-silicon-valley/

• How LSD Microdosing Became the Hot New Business Trip | November 20, 2015

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/how-lsd-microdosing-became-the-hot-new-business-trip-20151120

• Silicon Valley Executives Microdosing LSD to Improve Productivity | November 28, 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2015/11/28/san-francisco-business-men-microdosing-lsd-to-improve-sales/#

“The billionaires I know, almost without exception, use hallucinogens on a regular basis,” Silicon Valley investor Tim Ferriss told the outlet. “[They’re] trying to be very disruptive and look at the problems in the world … and ask completely new questions.”

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:34 am

The billionaires I know, almost without exception, use hallucinogens on a regular basis,” Silicon Valley investor Tim Ferriss told the outlet. “[They’re] trying to be very disruptive and look at the problems in the world … and ask completely new questions
Personally, as far as I am concerned, they could trip all the way to hell, at the end there was just one that survived a life of tripping out and that is Jack Nicholson and maybe he was crazier, before he started to do LSD
What concerns me, is the abusive manner in which some corporations violate the most elementary rules of ethics and we the people that we vote with our money don't stop using their services, instead we take it like sheep following other sheep that have no idea where they are going
That is our fault as without our money, they are nothing and they know it
To keep your word, tell the truth and treat your customers as you would like to be treated is vital in business as it is good, not to do that is a guarantee of failure, sooner or later and is evil

Evil has become standardized

No to that extreme and the best example is WOT............. starting with you and every single member that give so much for an ideal, the ideal that we can help others surf the internet in a safer way and I imagine that like us, there are others that are doing something good, just because they don't like what they see and are tired of complaining so they do something about it, and that is good
I recall these words, whenever I feel "down" and it helps
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desiderata [T]

Sadly Wikipedia fails to mention that Gene Roddenberry kept a copy of Desiderata in his office, someone whom I admired since my youth

I have not lost faith in God and his ways.................. what goes around does come around, but I like to point out that if we remain silent, then we are as bad as they are, and that will be truly sad
My best wishes for the New Year and a merry Christmas to you and all those who observe or like the holiday

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:42 am

People aren't seeing the forest for the trees. The information gets collected and sold by your ISP before Google ever sees it. At least Google is providing a free service in exchange.

You'll never keep massive companies from collecting data. All you can do is create meaningless data to reduce the value of what they collect. Mis-tag photos, search nonsense strings, etc.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:27 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
People aren't seeing the forest for the trees. The information gets collected and sold by your ISP before Google ever sees it. At least Google is providing a free service in exchange.
[/quote]

Most Google services today are served by HTTPS so unless your ISP installed a fake malicious root certificate (in which case they should be rated RED for malware!) Google is the sole collecter of data. Only thing your ISP sees is the DNS lookup for Google's servers and a ClientHello followed by encrypted data.

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:56 pm

<quote user="bfeely">
Most Google services today are served by HTTPS so unless your ISP installed a fake malicious root certificate (in which case they should be rated RED for malware!) Google is the sole collecter of data. Only thing your ISP sees is the DNS lookup for Google's servers and a ClientHello followed by encrypted data.
[/quote]

I was going to respond to Alphacentauri points of view, but I cannot say it better than BFeely, I like to point out though that I am not targeting Google this information was given to me by a friend and I was surprised to say the least
It said Google products used in schools sent data to the company without first seeking parental permission.
Google said its tools complied with the law.

Google provides schools with Chromebooks and its Google Apps for Education (GAFE) products - a suite of cloud-based productivity tools.
It promises not to serve adverts on the apps and says that "users own their data, not Google

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34983245 [T]

This it is evil because we are talking about children that do not have the malice, and the know - how, is evil because a corporation that provides "free" services are doing it with an ulterior motive, profit.

Therefore is not longer free :/

I could expect it from Facebook, but not from Google

Researchers found that even non-members who visited any net page that fell under the facebook.com domain would have what
Facebook calls its datr cookie - which has a two-year lifespan - installed on their browser

The social network says that the primary use of the cookie is as a security tool: "It is something which our security team believes is the best way to protect people's accounts," a spokeswoman told the BBC

Yeah, sure :/

Now going back to Google, in October of this year, they dropped their famous slogan

Don't be evil[/b]

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-34776191

But fans of the original Google, and especially of the rebel attitude its founders once had, might see the change as something more ominous.
hxxttp://fortune.com/2015/10/05/alphabet-google-evil/
I was not aware of it, when I started this thread that was the reason, I used it as the title for the post, but they cannot even keep their new mantra
The new wording is: ‘Do the right thing
I like to repeat that we make them and greed destroy them, I expect an opt out and deletion of personal data [at their end] while using their service, if they cannot do that, I will be using some other service that could be trusted to keep their word, which is the right thing to do and it should be the law
Best regards