Captcha

RE: Captcha

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:50 pm

@myWOT team =
I will appreciate if the Capcha issue is fixed or we are going to keep on loosing trusted and verified members like Mandrake and others Each day, the Capcha gets worse as now is not about numbers, but symbols that are very small, once more I will like you to fix this issue This is one of the original members
https://www.mywot.com/en/user/39237
Full of awards for an extraordinary job performed at WOT, like the moderators this member should not be required to fill Capcha, we all know him and his work is being proven beyond a doubt, this requirement for spammers should not affect this and other members , like him because he had busted more spammers than anyone else at WOT
I ask you this as I will not like the idea of seeing him go and yes, we need TRUSTED members like him
Hopefully, you'll take a moment and update the Wiki concerning CAPTCHA, it's introduction was to simply aid in reducing scorecard comment spam
I vouch for this member in my word of honor that, there is not need for the member to constantly be directed to an almost invisible form of making sure that, the member is not a spammer
With all due respect, this is offensive at best I hope you act on this problem and soon
Thank you

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,

We are sorry for the delay on fixing this and are turning to you for your help. We have not been successful in re-creating this bug, and are turning to you for help. For some reason CAPTCHA is showing up for some users more than others.

What are the steps that lead up to CAPTCHA appearing for you?
If it appears when rating a site, are you rating from the scorecard or the addon, or both?
What browser and OS are you using?
Would you please provide screenshots or anything else that can help us.

Many thanks and apologies for the delay!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:22 pm

@myWOT team =
What are the steps that lead up to CAPTCHA appearing for you?
Logging in, for me
Mandrake sent you all the information requested here and I hope that he comes back to re explain the problem
But won't you agree that someone like Mandrake, should be whitelisted from filling a captcha or the moderators?
He is not a new member or a spammer and as for the moderators, everyone knows them and trust them, I know that you can program the Captcha to avoid showing up to Moderators and members like Mandrake, but if you need help, I have Matiks, BFeely, CoG and MysteryFCM that, can help you do it .............. I have some Russians coders that will be able to help you as well and it will be a good idea to engage them as members of WOT, like the beta of WOT, which I was invited to participate, but due to my strong dislike of Chrome, at the time I refused
Don't forget the women like DT or Shazza and many others that are capable, my point is that you have individuals that are more than knowledgeable and willing to help you, don't deny them as it is to your advantage

This is a constructive criticism ........... please at least think about it
We appreciate your hard work, but we need to move on and fast
Best regards

nova7

Post by nova7 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:09 pm

I vaguely recall it most likely occurs when rerating or reediting from the scorecard.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:28 am

Windows 10 Home 64-bit - Chrome 49.0.2623.87 m - no screenshot

1. After several (maybe 10?) successive manual ratings in scorecards, a CAPTCHA appears, floated left, ~400px below the Save button and below the viewport.

2. Because it is outside the viewport, I don't know whether it appears before or after I click Save; but after I click Save, a text message says my CAPTCHA response was incorrect. After I respond to the CAPTCHA and click Save, the Save works.

3. GOTO 1.

Assuming there is a counter for successive manual ratings in scorecards, it may be that other activities (Forum post, MRT, etc) reset the counter to zero; so if I rated trigger-1 (9?), and then did some other activity, I could then rate several more before triggering the next CAPTCHA.

EDIT: i jus lern 2 spel capTcha

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks! We'll try to re-create the bug in-house.
If possible, please take a screenshot the next time it happens.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:11 am

That's "easy" - I went back to my never-ending list of denizens of the dark, and manually rated 18-20 in succession ...

[url=http://imgur.com/1Z01XVO t=_blank][img]http://i.imgur.com/1Z01XVO.png[/img][/url]

nova7

Post by nova7 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:41 am

Yesterday, I did an Edit then Save. Perhaps a few minutes later I went back to re-edit and the CAPTCHA was present (two edits perhaps on one scorecard). My CAPTCHA-page layout is the same as Myxt's provided image.

At times I have multiple tabs open for editing or multiple scorecards open ready for me to click Edit (at times I even have multiple scorecard edits I'm working on back and forth between different browser tabs of scorecards. I often don't close the browser from day-to-day so I have little idea how many Edits have been done during my logged in session.

Retarded Joker

Post by Retarded Joker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:21 pm

<quote user="nova7">
At times I have multiple tabs open for editing or multiple scorecards open ready for me to click Edit (at times I even have multiple scorecard edits I'm working on back and forth between different browser tabs of scorecards. I often don't close the browser from day-to-day so I have little idea how many Edits have been done during my logged in session.
[/quote]

You get CAPTCHAs at that time because you are spamming the system with a lot of scorecard posts within a given interval of time
It is not about how many posts have you done in a given LOGIN session; its about how many you do within a given time, say 3 minutes.
Getting a CAPTCHA is a natural defense mechanism by the system to ensure you are not a BOT, trying to spam.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Complaints are also about the fact that this captcha is not visible when rating (at the bottom of the page).

You get CAPTCHAs at that time because you are spamming the system with a lot of scorecard posts within a given interval of time

Not sure that the word "spamming" is appropriate to members who take times to assess sites :)