W.10 and the lack of privacy

Dutch Mountain

W.10 and the lack of privacy

Post by Dutch Mountain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:37 pm

I think we all don't realize how much big brother Microsoft is watching us.
If you think that you've blocked all privacy settings when installing Windows 10 ( or upgrading from earlier versions ).
Dream on !
MS has found a new "earning model" and that's why upgrading to W.10 from older versions was for free.

But you can weapon yourself. On the site of the German company "O & O software" you can find the link to the program "Shut up 10 – free anti spy tool ". If you start that you will be scared of all the hidden functions in W.10.........

Before that you can pick up information :
I've written a blog about it on the news / blog page of my site with much more explanation and direct links.
Acc. the forum guidelines I can't give those direct links here.
But you're just a few clicks away.
Succes,

Site-rater

RE: W.10 and the lack of privacy

Post by Site-rater » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Have you proven that Microsoft collects non-anonymous information without the user's consent or are you just playing into the fear and hysteria brought on by a few pirate "private" torrent sites?

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
Have you proven that Microsoft collects non-anonymous information without the user's consent or are you just playing into the fear and hysteria brought on by a few pirate "private" torrent sites?
[/quote]

This has nothing to do with creating fear or hysteria.
And FYI : I never use - whatever - torrent sites.
If you want to get infected, well that's route number one.

*Found this and thought that it was very useful to inform the WOT community.
I'm not a sensation / thrill seeker - Not my style.
**Cool Dutch common sense, you know

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:04 am

@Dutch Mountain - Good find, thanks!

@Site-rater - Mainstream journalists began reporting on this as soon as Win10 came out. Taking cues from social media, a lot of people want to be known, not anonymous. Win10 facilitates this by making PII more available. Along with hardware identification and location, you can meetup with your buds for pizza on the spur of the moment, start a flash-mob, or be apprehended for ... whatever.

A440

Post by A440 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:04 am

I'm using OSX, which seems to completely block any Microsoft spying, however, I have to wonder about Apple as of late. ^_^

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:49 am

Q:Have you proven that Microsoft collects non-anonymous information without the user's consent
A: You said it ok in the EULA it say it will help you as a service say no and you not get windows 10

Don't be hard on mic as Apple google do this it a way to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

now it in windows 7 and 8.1 look up Telemetry tracking service

htxxtp://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/30/windows-10-spying-on-windows-7-and-windows-8/

Windows 10 Worst Feature Installed On Windows 7 And Windows 8
Laughing at Microsoft MSFT +0.13%’s controversial data mining and privacy invasions within Windows 10? Well Windows 7 and Windows 8 users should laugh no longer as this most hated spying is now headed your way…

htxxtp://bgr.com/2015/08/28/windows-10-features-spying-windows-7-8/

According to the report, Microsoft bypasses any edited instructions in the Hosts file and exchanges data with vortex-win.data.microsoft.com and settings-win.data.microsoft.com, possibly among others.

and I use "0+0 ShutUp" and kill off Cortana, search, Edge and no bing may be over kill.

Meow1964

Post by Meow1964 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:30 pm

very good thread op. ive relayed the info to some of my friends. even though i still have vista, i will be getting a new pc in august..so this shutup program would be very useful to me. i value my privacy a lot.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:51 pm

I wonder why nobody has ever mentioned the crash dump uploading automatically enabled in all Windows Vista and greater operating systems, and present as a prompt in Windows XP?
Such feature, when an application crashes, uploads a memory dump of that application, potentially containing sensitive information, to Microsoft servers.

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:56 am

htxxtp://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/14/comparison-of-windows-10-privacy-tools/

Comparison of Windows 10 Privacy tools
The following programs are reviewed and compared against each other:
Destroy Windows 10 Spying (OK)
Disable Win Tracking (OK)
DoNotSpy 10 (Bad Google not like) OpenCandy
Windows 10 Privacy and Shit
Windows 10 Privacy Fixer (OK)
W10 Privacy
(new) 0+0 Shut Up 10 (Good)
(new) Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 (Good)
(new) Ashampoo AntiSpy for Windows 10 (Good)
(new) Windows Privacy Tweaker (OK)
(new) Win10 Spy Disable (OK)
Please note that you need to run all programs with elevated privileges as the majority of tweaks are not applied otherwise.

This is some I used do test with virustotal.(dot)com as same are bad 0+0 and Spybot Anti Beacon is safe some are one way only but with 0+0 shutup and Anti Beacon you can undo

YouTube Which Windows 10 Privacy Tool Is Right for Me?

redblade7

Post by redblade7 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:34 pm

I don't trust Windows with anything important anymore. Everything unrelated to gaming and multimedia is on a separate encrypted Linux computer.