So how **does** one obtain a reputation of "trust?"

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 am

I'm fairly new to WOT, so this may be a silly question. I've been through the FAQ's, and nothing seems to directly answer it. I know that "trust must be earned," and you shouldn't ask for scoring actions, but outside of that the question really isn't answered.

Is there some action I should take to get **something** on my scorecard? I find it ironic that some of the "adult" sites here have a better reputation score card than I do. :-)

Is the scorecard all related to traffic and users with the plugin installed who actively participate in WOT? If that's the case, got it, the site is new and there's nil traffic at the moment.

I did submit my site for evaluation. I am thankful for the one comment I received (which someone, for whatever reason, thumbed down.) I have read some of the other threads in the eval forum, and it almost seems that if something is not wrong with a site - malware, WOT violations, poor accessibility, etc. - it gets no attention. Or maybe that has little/nothing to do with the scorecard. (??)

TIA for responding - Bill

RE: So how **does** one obtain a reputation of "trust?"

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2016 2:22 am

Huh. The one comment I had has been removed. Awesome. :-\

A440

Post by A440 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:34 am

Hello and welcome to WOT.

Please submit your site for review, using the guidelines provided online. Various members will review the site and may suggest improvements or changes for the sake of security or functionality. Afterwards, they will rate the trustworthiness of your site based upon their review of your site. The reviews are opinion-based and, as such, are not perfect, but do offer a darned good idea of just what problems a site may have and if it is trustworthy or not.
Other people may be invited to review and rate your site by joining WOT as well, however paying out money for reviews is frowned upon and will see your ratings go down due to such manipulation.

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 am

Thank you for your reply but as I said, I've submitted for review.

https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/66210-sc ... -stuff-com

Are you saying this should be done multiple times?

A440

Post by A440 » Thu May 26, 2016 1:44 am

RTFM.
Once.

Post by Guest » Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 pm

Your suggestion to submit to the eval thread indicates you clearly didn't bother to read the original post. I DID RTFM, and said so, and also said I'd submitted which is why your flippant response was so confusing. I'm out.

c۞g

Simple

Post by c۞g » Sat May 28, 2016 12:21 am

By being trustworthy.
It's the same online as it is off / in real life.

Imagine I am a newspaper peddler on the street corner standing behind the window of a kiosk.
I not only have various papers to purchase, I could hook you up with a subscription if you'd like, all you have to do is leave your:
Name (first / last)
street address
City, State, ZIP
phone number
email address.

You fill out the form, payment for subscription is billed so I do not need credit card info.
I keep your information on a clipboard, hanging up in plain view for all to see.
Would you trust me?

Your site needs an SSL for the data you collect from people in your shopping cart, otherwise you're hanging up their PII in "plain view" (HTTP).

williKi

Post by williKi » Tue May 31, 2016 4:18 pm

I guess the original poster left town.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue May 31, 2016 7:43 pm

<quote user="williki">
I guess the original poster left town.
[/quote]

Wonder ifor he was embarrassed by c۞g's post regarding the insecure PII forms?
He did claim to be an experienced web developer.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:47 pm

<quote user="a440">
RTFM.
Once.
[/quote]

In fairness, most of those threads never get a reply. Submitting more than once isn't the answer, but I understand OP's frustration.