New theme of MyWot

Jazspeak

Another bug?

Post by Jazspeak » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:28 am

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but when I scroll quickly up or down a page with the mouse-wheel the page and content gets stretched and distorted before bouncing back into the correct position. This doesn't happen when using the scroll bar, and it didn't happen with the old-look pages. (I am using FF).

Edit: Seems to have largely stopped this behaviour now and is only intermittent.

Edit 2: Reallocating resources priorities has resolved this issue - so only indirectly a browser problem.

Creastery

New bug found.

Post by Creastery » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 am

Whenever you view a site's ratings, after you select one of the category under "Comments by category", bars will be as screwed up as the ones showed below.
Thank you and best regards,

Creastery
Developer of TechAirlines

I have currently retired from WOT.

Sami

Re: New bug found.

Post by Sami » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:04 am

I'm unable to reproduce the problem. Which browser are you using? I tested with Chrome 6 (dev), Safari 5, Firefox 3.[567], and IE 8.

The Big Bin

-

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:33 pm

I also can't reproduce that.
Btw, it looks a bit weird to me now that on RED scorecards, the text is green. Especially for the page selectors, that looks very strange. Shouldn't that be changed so that the text gets the color of the rating like everything else does?

--
Per aspera ad astra

Creastery

Google chrome 5.0

Post by Creastery » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Hmm..I can't get it too. Maybe it was fixed after some editing. Lols.

And about the green text for red comments..I guess a check can be implemented to find out if the comment is green or red and thus show red or green text. That will help us distinguish the overall comment easily.
Thank you and best regards,

Creastery
Developer of TechAirlines

I have currently retired from WOT.

Kraftwerk

auto log in

Post by Kraftwerk » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I´m not sure if the new layout might be a reason but the auto log in failsduring the last days.

Blueberrycake Level Member of the WOT Community

Sami

Re: auto log in

Post by Sami » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:28 pm

No, that shouldn't be related. Try clearing your cookies for mywot.com and restarting the browser.

░▒▓█

We need the search box back!

Post by ░▒▓█ » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:33 pm

We need the search box back! It is very difficult to lookup a domain.

There is not sufficient contrast between text and background, example where it says "Post new comment" the text is in #C2C2C2 and the background is #F7F7F7 I think. This makes it difficult to read if you have a visual impairment. Surprising because MyWOT is one of only a few applications that has a colorblind setting.

Site scorecard

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Echo on the need to have a site rating scorecard check box on every page like the old view had. (At least it's not been entirely removed and is on the home page.)

Like a lot of the folks here, I used it a lot and this new view of it is bothersome.

I realize there are workarounds, but the old way was a lot more efficient for many of us.

Add my name to those that want it back.

Other than that, the new look seems fine. And my compliments to Sami for quickly getting to a lot of "repairs" based on user input. (Now if you'll only put that site scorecard box back in, you'll have the highest compliment . . . seriously, the look seems fine to me.)

The Big Bin

@Creastery

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi,

no that's not what I mean. Enter any red scorecard, you'll see that the background, the warning, and everything, is red. But now all of a sudden the text on the scorecard is green!

To understand what I mean, enter any red scorecard, such as this one (randomly picked). Now scroll down to the comments, if you like go to a further comments page. See what I mean?
--
Per aspera ad astra