Web-One Drive is Not Refreshing Page Following File Uploads

Satchman

Web-One Drive is Not Refreshing Page Following File Uploads

Post by Satchman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:46 pm

One Drive Web Version Refresh Problems Following File Uploads
(On Multiple Browsers and Computers)

For about the past month or so, I have had issues with Microsoft One Drive's Web Version across multiple PC's and browsers. For the record, I have a Laptop PC running Windows 8.1 and a Desktop PC running Windows 10. Both systems are up-to-date, are clean of any malware, and have no other issues.

The laptop running Windows 8.1 has a Microsoft Account. The Desktop has a local account. The laptop is synchronized to One Drive, the Desktop is not. Consider the following with this error:

Three weeks ago, when I upload files to the web version of One Drive with files and folders in List View, the files only showed when the page is refreshed or when the Sort items list is changed. Sometimes I would be able to upload one file properly, but after that the only way to see the files being uploaded was to refresh the page or change the sort order.

This issue happens regardless of using IE 11 or Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 on the Desktop. It also happens on Windows 8.1 on the Laptop. I would get better upload results and more reliable refresh showing the uploaded files when switching to Thumbnail View

For the last several weeks, there were no issues with Firefox when uploading files using the web version of One Drive on either computer. Whether in List View or Thumbnail View, the files uploaded normally.

Now for the last four or five days, the uploads on the web version of One Drive also impact Firefox as well. They have a better likelihood of showing up in Thumbnail View rather than List View. I need to either refresh the page or change the sort order to see the uploaded files.

I have cleared History and Cache on each browser to no effect. I have run Troubleshooters that pick up nothing. I know this is a website issue, because to have two computers with two different operating systems and two different browsers now showing the same behavior indicates a website bug. Anyone else having this issue?

Satch

NotBuyingIt

RE: Web-One Drive is Not Refreshing Page Following File Uploads

Post by NotBuyingIt » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:41 pm

You didn't say on which websites that are dedicated to solving such issues you have already sought assistance. I'm unsure if it relates to your question, but a number of prominent community members have recommended BleepingComputer.com in the past.

Satchman

RE: Web-One Drive is Not Refreshing Page Following File Uploads

Post by Satchman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:34 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">
You didn't say on which websites that are dedicated to solving such issues you have already sought assistance. I'm unsure if it relates to your question, but a number of prominent community members have recommended BleepingComputer.com in the past.

&nbsp;
[/quote]

Hello,

I am sending feedback of this issue to Techguy.org. A great computer help site, and Microsoft's own One Drive Feedback contact. Microsoft did respond and asked me some questions, which I answered. Early indications seem that they want and are willing to help.

Satch