WinIso

abrogard

WinIso

Post by abrogard » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:45 pm

Don't know if this really fits here but I find WinIso is not trustworthy when it reports a DVD or CD as not bootable.

I just came here today looking for 'Winiso Trustworthy' - not really the right place because you're about sites here not the software, I think, right?

But FYI I have BartPE which some will know is a bootable disk that enables you to trouble shoot a machine that won't boot.

I put it in and asked WinISO about it and it said not bootable. I put it a broken machine and it booted. It is there now.

This is a significant problem. I ran through a bunch of disks using winiso to see which were bootable - OS disks - and now I can't trust any of the results.

You get that.

:)

Site-rater

RE: WinIso

Post by Site-rater » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:39 pm

I am not totally sure if El Torito is necessarily that strict of a standard. Have you tried it with Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10 DVDs, both 32- and 64-bit? Have you tried it with a genuine Windows XP CD? Have you tried it with various flavors of Linux installation and/or live CDs? Have you tried with UEFI bootable discs (which are a different boot format than El Torito BIOS boot CDs)?

Maybe it only works with boot CDs created with WinISO?

hotdoge3

RE: WinIso

Post by hotdoge3 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:13 am

htxxtp://www.winiso.com/articles/burn-bootable-iso-to-disc.html

htxxtp://www.winiso.com/products/compare.html free and Pro

New Release: WinISO v6.4.1.5976.

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/winiso.com

Cons

"Critical: Virtual CD-ROM mount is not supported on 64-bit OS yet (may be ok now) ?