He lied!

He lied!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:07 pm

I heard about this story, but I could not find it or watch it, in the major media outlet, I have to dig for this piece and I hope that the news are not as selective as most of the media are now, they should start reporting the truth, instead of pushing their agenda in activism

Our democracy is in Jeopardy and the media have become the worst enemy!

Wake up America, before is too late!

The Obama administration secretly arranged a plane delivery of $400 million in cash on the same day Iran released four American prisoners and formally implemented the nuclear deal, US officials confirmed Wednesday.

The money was procured from central banks in Switzerland and the Netherlands, official said, and an unmarked cargo plane loaded with Swiss francs, euros and other currencies were flown to Iran
=http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics/us-sends-plane-iran-400-million-cash

We need an investigation into this and soon
We don't want more people dying in the current wars, nor do we want liars giving money to our enemies that will kill our heroes
[/b]

For much less than this, other presidents were investigated and paid a heavy political and personal price

Think!

RE: He lied!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Vox.com has a different take on this issue.

hxxp://www.vox.com/2016/8/4/12370848/ransom-iran-400-million

It looks to me like CNN are conflating two or three separate issues. It also appears to be that the $400 million was Iran's money in the first place.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:55 am

<quote user="milliem">
Vox.com has a different take on this issue.

hxxp://www.vox.com/2016/8/4/12370848/ransom-iran-400-million

It looks to me like CNN are conflating two or three separate issues. It also appears to be that the $400 million was Iran's money in the first place.
[/quote]

Senior U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) officials objected to sending $400 million in cash to Iran at the same time as the country released American prisoners, the Wall Street Journal has revealed.
=http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/04/doj-objected-to-400-million-payment-to-iran-was-overruled-by-state-department-wsj.html

Originally the news was in The wall street journal

I am giving this information from a news site that tends to favor the current government

=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNBC

To call it coincidence is disingenuous at best, but it was not my intention to engage in arguments about political views, but at the lack of fair and balanced news in this country
This is the problem that, we had to endure for the last 8 years and while Americans are so upset .......... lack of transparency from a man that promised otherwise

I see at the BBC that now they are trying to shift the blame on the "white America" for this division, which is laughable, ask those who supported Sanders and were betrayed by the very institution that supposedly was neutral
He lied, no one can be so idiotic
The president questions timing of Wall Street Journal story
=http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-04/obama-says-400-million-cash-payment-to-iran-wasn-t-ransom
I wonder if he ever questioned his timing, when he did this or if he can provide assurances that the money is not going into the hands of terrorists or like in the case of
June 20, 2012 - President Barack Obama asserts executive privilege over the documents sought by the investigating committee. This prevents future prosecution of Holder.
=http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/world/americas/operation-fast-and-furious-fast-facts
Nearly 2,000 firearms from the program went missing, some turning up at killing scenes in Mexico -- and at the site of a December 2010 gunbattle in Arizona that left U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian A. Terry dead

I am an American by choice that, is concerned about our Republic and its Democracy and that is tired of the lies by someone that fooled millions and though I disagree with your assumptions, I thank you for at least reading the post!

A440

Post by A440 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:36 am

SH does at least raise the problem of relying upon media sources that have become compromised by very partisen editing.
The current ongoing American election has demonstrated the failure of most large media organizations to maintain an impartial bias towards the news that they allegedly report. Frankly, they have lost much credibility and objectivity; everyone from the New York Times, Washington Post to the Guardian in the UK.

I do not consider VOX to be trustworthy either since they have a definite editorial slant and questionable SEO practices.

If any Americans are reading this entry, then they must realize that there are serious problems with their news organizations that have been failing in their duties as being watchdogs. IMHO, so many of these organizations are just above being rumour mills or sources of disinformation.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:35 am

It's not just American media though. Here in the UK I don't consider any mainstream media organisation to be anything but right-wing pro-capitalist organisations whereas in the past I always regarded the Guardian, The Independent and The Mirror to be centrist in their outlook with sympathies towards the lives of the lower orders.

As for the BBC, whatever neutrality they had in the past has been thrown out of the window and they've now become just another government propaganda mouthpiece. They must have been well embarrassed to have been chosen as one of the reporting partners for the Panama Papers leak because this meant that they had to attack some of their political masters who were channelling some of their ill-gotten gains through shady tax havens.

All I want to see is objectivity in news reporting and not the same old stuff regurgitated by news organisations but slanted to suit the political views of their owners.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:14 pm

@ A440 @ milliem =

Thank you, for the conversation and I agree with your statements
As you I look for independent straightforward news organizations that will inform the people of the facts and to express their opinion in editorial
BBC, remains one of my main sources, but as milliem pointed out, I don't recognize it from the days in which it was my opening page or home page on my PC
I found by accident this site, I have no idea how good it may be, as I used it once and I bookmarked it
=https://www.propublica.org/about
I do believe that a free press is vital to democracy, but the old newspapers are gone and in the process the reporters that will work hard , to inform the people, no matter who was the culpable, even if it was the president of the Nation
Thanks

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 pm

The American prisoners were not the reason for the deal, and the deal was not the reason they were captured. Therefore it's a stretch to call it ransom.

It is financially advantageous to many businesses in the US to have access to Iranian markets, and it's financially advantageous for Iran to have sanctions lifted. The political situation in Iran is complicated, and the US feels that factions friendly to the US could benefit from a deal that makes them look good in front of their voters. In order for the deal to go forward, the voters in both countries need to be placated that old insults have been cleared off the table.

If the Islamists prevail in Iranian politics and it's all for nothing, we're out the cost of an F16. If this is the seed that grows into warm relations between the US and Iran, the deal will be admired by historians for generations.

Politics is always about making deals with people whose interests don't align with yours. You get the best deal you can on behalf of your constituents. A leader trying to get everything exactly the way he wants it every time is what dictatorship is.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:20 am

Can Iran be trusted?
Iranian law says no one may be detained for longer than a year without a conviction, unless accused of murder. No conviction has been announced, but Mr. Rezaian remains imprisoned. That is Exhibit One concerning Iran's trustworthiness as a law-abiding state
The same "guilty" man that was freed once the money came in
=http://www.businessinsider.com/the-one-thing-that-proves-iran-still-cant-be-trusted-2015-9
and the deal was not the reason they were captured. Therefore it's a stretch to call it ransom
If it walks like a duck .......................
Russia should be our priority, we have more in common with Russia than we will ever have with Iran and yet, this president vilifies Mr. Putin and whoever disagrees with his opinion about Russia
A new cold war, created by an administration that is clueless and inexperienced is acting as a dictatorship [remember Edward Snowden since not one talks about him] that will be extended by the next president of the United States........Hillary Rodham Clinton a very war-hawkish individual that made an art of lying
But Mr. Putin’s relationship with Mrs. Clinton has been tense at least since 2011, when, as secretary of state, she accused him of rigging an election and he accused her of meddling in Russian politics.
=http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/us/politics/russia-putin-clinton-emails-hacking.html
Laughable for a person that used the DNC to derail Sanders election and has not faced the media in months
As secretary of state, Hillary Clinton was used to giving press conferences, such as this one in 2012 with Croatian President Ivo Josipovic. But as a candidate, she has rarely done so, instead relying on events, speeches and press releases
=http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/20160803-editorial-time-for-hillary-clinton-to-face-the-press.ece
It surprises me that you read my post, as you never do and that is the reason why I am sharing with you my opinion and the facts because is going to costs us more than a jet fighter, if Iran does not keep their word and Clinton decides to push the Russians into a corner instead of working with them
A nuclear holocaust can be avoided, but is gaining more credibility as this and the next president keeps their rhetoric and insane agenda, instead of working working with Russia

Economically and for peace's sake it would make more sense than lifting an embargo on Iran, a well- known terrorist state that violates the most elementary human right

For a winner of the Nobel award Peace price he should know better, but he doesn't or wants to, as we speak he insists on attacking the Government of Syria, which is helped by Iran I am glad that at least you know who you will vote for, I am not that fortunate
A leader trying to get everything exactly the way he wants it every time is what dictatorship is.
This is Obama, in the last four years ............ I am glad that he didn't get everything and in the the things that he got
During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama said several times that he intended to negotiate health care reform publicly. In fact, he said, he'd televise the negotiations on C-SPAN, with all the parties sitting at a big table. That way, Americans would be more engaged in the process and insist on real change
=http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/promise/517/health-care-reform-public-sessions-C-SPAN/
He lied!
This is the first time, I may not vote since becoming a citizen, maybe I find a candidate with libertarian ideas and that is able to tell the truth, if the media protecting Hilary would allow it
BTW=
If the Islamists prevail in Iranian politics and it's all for nothing, we're out the cost of an F16
An F16 is about 14 million dollars, much less than what he gave them
=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-16_Fighting_Falcon
If this is the seed that grows into warm relations between the US and Iran, the deal will be admired by historians for generations.
And if fails, expect the Islamic Republic of Iran, getting what they always wanted, I doubt that there will be any one to register the event for posterity

I apologize any typos, but I am very tired

Thank you

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 am

I believe most Americans are tired too of this festival of turds that is the election in the states.

The media is all out in force for their candidate and the bias is obvious and toxic. The result will be their long-term loss of credibility with many American, which will further erode the bonds that tie communities, cities, counties and states together. The people will choose not to listen to major media outlets, which have been revealed as being corrupted by special interests. If you have been reading the New York Times the last year, you will clearly see a prime example. This time people became aware of one candidates use of their own online fifty-cent Army to troll comment boards everywhere. Even I have noticed what appear to be semi-autonomous bots operating on Disqus boards.

The additional perception that most – if not all – politicians are players, liars and, basically professional wrestlers of a sort, will drive average people to greater extremes because they realize they have been played and they want a different and better direction. We have already seen this happen in one party while the other party has sabotaged their nomination process.

I really expect something much worse after this election since these events are truly toxic and will have a serious effect upon the country.

Please consider what is not said or put into print and that is much of what I've written.
Unfortunately, enumerating curative acts would be another very long posting and a different but related topic.

donsorg

Post by donsorg » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:38 am

Elections from one candidate are funny, trust me :D