WOT Not Compatible With New Firefox

Clean install... are you

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:00 am

Clean install... are you saying you uninstalled WoT and then reinstalled.
That is not a true clean install. There is always pref. files left.

I would go get Mr. Tech Toolkit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/421/
and use option to rebuild all add-ons.

Yet I still would try a clean test profile. I have tested all your add-ons with a clean profile and can not duplicate your issue.

Sami

Re: Add-ons

Post by Sami » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:54 pm

The add-on is compatible with every currently available version of Firefox. You may want to start finding out the problem by [url=http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/managing+profiles t=_self]creating a clean profile[/url] and installing the add-on there. If it works, something in your current profile is causing the problem. You can then start installing the other add-ons you use one by one to see at which point the problems begin.

rpm022778

Clean Profile

Post by rpm022778 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:17 am

I have made a clean profile started from scratch on my local computer still have the same issue not sure why I did add-on for add-on it took me awhile but I added them 1 at a time and the issue still happened when I added wot. I also have firefox on my flash drive from portableapps with the same issue still occurring. I always check my plugins to keep them up to date the plugin test at least says they are. I will try the mister tech tool kit & see if that helps as for now the issue still remains.
"It Is What It Is So Do U"

That is just bewildering...

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 am

That is just bewildering... Again sorry you are have a problem.
Keep us informed and in the meantime I'll ponder on it some more. Every issue has a solution. (saying this as I stare at an old XP box with several 9mm holes well placed. ~smiles~ well it made me mad one too many times..
Heidi-Ann

Where?

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 pm

@ sflorg,

Just exactly where in Mr. Tech is the "rebuild all add ons" option. Don't need to use it, but I still am curious. Most of what I see in Mr. Tech is "show" or "hide" stuff.

It sticks it under the help

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:34 pm

It sticks it under the help menu if you have Mr. Tech
http://www.sflorg.com/images/personal/wot/wot_08032010_01.jpg
needs to be set here to show or not.
http://www.sflorg.com/images/personal/wot/wot_08032010_02.jpg

rpm022778

JS error

Post by rpm022778 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

I keep using Wot it seems it was starting to work some what then I started getting this JS error Script: chrome://wot/content/cache.js:162 not sure why or for what reason but thought I would post this also so maybe someone has seen this and has an Idea. Now there is a new version of WOT maybe that will fix the problem it is version 20100823.

Sami

Re: JS error

Post by Sami » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Nothing has changed in that file. You may want to try reinstalling the add-on.

rpm022778

JS Error

Post by rpm022778 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 pm

I made a fresh install as per my previous post so not sure why this error keeps coming up but I think I figured it out maybe. When I set the plugin container to not be used things are running a lot smoother no problems so maybe it was that. We will see what pops up.

Jazspeak

Re: Plugin Container

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:14 pm

@ rpm022778

The Plugin Container is probably not the problem. The WOT addon is not part of the Plugin Container, which is only applicable (at present) to Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime, and Microsoft Silverlight plugins. For a better understanding of the Plugin Container I suggest that you look at http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What+is+plugin-container?s=plugin+container&as=s

Looking at your extensive list of addons (not plugins) it is possible that your computer does not have sufficient resources to run so many addons. Just because FF will install any and all FF addons does not mean that your computer can run them all at the same time.

I have been running the latest full version of FF without any problems whatsoever. There were some issues when I tried the FF 4 Beta but those problems were because the Beta is not compatible with the Plugin Container.