What specifications Should I buy as Server Computer?

krafa

What specifications Should I buy as Server Computer?

Post by krafa » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:25 am

Hello Friends,

Me and my pro blogger friend just start a new online marketing business and open a new office in the USA for a support.
So for our support members we established a Customer Care by using 20 vCloud mini computers.
So we need a best configured desktop computer which works as a server of these 20 vClouds.
Now we need your suggestion about the configuration of our server pc.
Please be specific about hardware, ram, rom, ssd, motherboard etc.

Thanks in advance from me and my friend "Gustavo Woltmann".
Have a nice day :)

MysteryFCM

RE: What specifications Should I buy as Server Computer?

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:42 pm

You'd be best off asking on a forum specific to servers. e.g. webhostingtalk.com

As for the specs, it depends entirely on what the "vClouds" are to be used for (assuming you're referring to http://www.vmware.com/products/vcloud-suite.html), as both it, and the host OS will have their own base spec requirements (which will then need combined and likely doubled, to then be used as a spec to go for (always over-spec the machine, never under or base spec)).

As for the support members, running 20 different VMs/vClouds (really do hate that word!) is major overkill.

/edit

Fixed typo

RE: What specifications Should I buy as Server Computer?

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Hello Krafa,
While i agree with MysteryFCM, i would like to additionally point you to the following forum that could help you get started with your server questions:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... dowsserver

They have a lot of technical answer that will help you get started in the right direction. Thank you for the question and i hope you and Gustavo are successful.