Spam report button in the WOT Forum!

Assumption

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:55 am

@ Warxas,

You're assuming that Gold and Platinum members are uniformly responsible . . . that's a dangerous and flawed assumption.

I don't see anything in Activity Level that requires maturity and responsibility. All that's required to advance in Activity Level is postings and ratings, neither of which are required to be mature or responsible.

To exaggerate the point: You could give a monkey a banana every fifteen minutes, and if he clicked on a few learned places and pressed a learned key or two, he would eventually achieve Platinum level.

Activity Level is NOT a measure of responsibility. The MRT award was modified from Gold to Platinum for just that reason, and it is currently withdrawn from certain Platinum members even.

Warxas

@bobjam

Post by Warxas » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:07 am

I know full well , that activity level doesn't measure "reliability". I was simply saying gold/platinum members because they probably would have less of a chance to abuse a "report" button. After all, if hardly anyone has access to report spam, what is the point of having a button at all? It would be hardly as powerful as the MRT.

I suppose that : Only platinum members with access to the MRT, could use a spam report button.

How about that...

Reliabilty

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:26 am

@ Warxas,

I did not mention "reliability" at all. The word I kept using was "responsibility" . . . the two words have entirely different meanings in this context. Which is why I didn't use the term "reliability".

Kraftwerk

Re: but there should be review the comments..

Post by Kraftwerk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:56 am

I think comment flagged are not reviewed by Support bcoz i have flagged many times but not removed or i don't get any response

Maybe there was no reason to react? And i never got a reply when i flagged a comment. If you want a reply, use the contact form

Kraftwerk

Re:

Post by Kraftwerk » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:59 am

I think he assumes that common spammers don´t invest so much time to become gold member just to spam.I think that would be right.

Warxas

Yes

Post by Warxas » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:43 pm

I think he assumes that common spammers don´t invest so much time to become gold member just to spam

Exactly what I meant.

i☆

Idea...

Post by i☆ » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Just give the button to high level users (of which there are a very FINITE number!) and then take it away if they abuse it. It works for the mass rating tool, doesn't it?

c۞g

@Anonymouse

Post by c۞g » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:34 pm

You are discussing scorecard comments, this topic is about forum comments and whether there should be a "button" link to alert Moderators of an improper [spam] posting.

The scorecard comments have a "Flag for review" link.
Click it and the flag is "set" (turned "on") click it again and you remove your review flag (turn it "off").
The only comments that WOT will remove from a [url=http://www.mywot.com/support/faq#scorecard t=_self]scorecard[/url] (or these forums) are:
  • Obscenities, discriminatory language or other language not suitable for a public forum
  • Advertisements or "spam" content
  • Email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
  • [Flaming] Critical or spiteful comments on other comments posted on the page or their authors
They do not remove comments because you (or I) may disagree with them.

@ All
Remember this is not a BBS such as PhpBB or SMF or vBulletin
The WOT website incorporates Drupal along with highly customized modules.