Unremovable Antivirus 2010

Reprotected

Ransomeware bypass?

Post by Reprotected » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:51 am

This software shuts down everything as long as its in the OS and its a threat to the infection itself. Will this create a second OS where I can scan my entire computer (including registry) without having interference from it?

Will this create a second OS

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:17 am

Will this create a second OS where I can scan my entire computer (including registry) without having interference from it?

Yes!
Sardu is a Linux based Rescue CD.

You only have to burn it into a new CD.
Then enter the BIOS and set your OS to start from a CD/DVD device.

Windows won't be able to interfere with SARDU ;-)

Reprotected

Registry?

Post by Reprotected » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:42 am

Will it scan my registry and remove the ransomware that way?

it will scan the whole

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:53 am

it will scan the whole System, registry included.
Just check what Antivirus you want to use (I'd go for Avira, Kaspersky and Gdata)

Once Windows will start to work again you should be able to remove any possible malware left over thanks to HitMan Pro, MalwareBytes' Antimalware, SpuperAntispyware etc etc etc.

just a hint: you might rename mbam-setup.exe as Explorer.exe or 12345678.exe, if you cannot even install MalwareBytes' AntiMalware

@Re

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:56 am

just before doing anything try quickheal if your system is not clean it will not install and will ask you to schedule a scan before windows start that will rectify your problem...

Reprotected

Sry

Post by Reprotected » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:05 am

Can't do, Quickheal will get cut off. Ransomware is too good for simple scans and etc.

Reprotected

:(

Post by Reprotected » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:06 am

I wished that helped, but sry, no.

jeff134

For some reason I remember

Post by jeff134 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:24 am

For some reason I remember having a similar infection and if I remember correctly SmithFraudFix worked in removing it. Did a Google search and came upon :

http://www.myantispyware.com/2008/10/08/removal-instructions-for-antivirus-2010/

Not sure if that helps but hopefully it does.

giedrius

I think you should try

Post by giedrius » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 am

I think you should try scanning with couple anti-rootkit tools first. TDSS killer usually first choice for me.
Also, try GMER, TDSS remover. If they detect something, then do a rescan with other tools afterwards.
Also, if you have nothing to loose, try Spyware Doctor 7 scanner to see if it detects some additional infected keys/files ( version 8 might want to replace your antivirus, there is a bug in installer at the moment).

Jazspeak

Save yourself time and trouble

Post by Jazspeak » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Given the amount of time that you seem to have spent trying to get rid of the nasty, you could have wiped the system drive and reinstalled a clean OS by now, which is the surest way to ensure that you get rid of any and all infections, and which is my preferred method in the case of any infections.

If you do decide to take my advice and wipe the system drive then it is a good idea make a clone of the clean drive when you have the system set up as you want. Then in future you can simply wipe an infected drive and then copy the clone back onto the clean drive, thus restoring your computer to its former clean state in about half an hour, and save yourself a heap of hassle.

Don't forget to make regular and frequent backups of your important files so that they can be put back onto the clean drive.