Lawsuit

Vesa P

RE: Lawsuit

Post by Vesa P » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates on this lately (been on vacation for a few days). The latest is that the judge decided to postpone the oral hearing and there is no new date set yet for it. I assume the new date will be in November/December...

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm

@ Vesa P

Rather convenient I woud say. Courts seem to love stretching things out.

Volksjaeger

Post by Volksjaeger » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm

We are talking about this company aren't we?
hxxp://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/11/careernetwork.shtm
hxxp://www.vexatiouslitigant.com/6-07-cv-1854/exhibits/Participation/Smear/alecdefrawy-dailynewsonline.htm
hxxp://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/job-listing-and-advisory-services/career-network-in-orlando-fl-30454344
They are claiming WOT slandered them, based on what I have seen the only crime here is that the WOT scorecard comments didn't go far enough in exposing these criminals.

Vesa P

Post by Vesa P » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:42 am

The oral hearing will take place today (Dec 1st) in Orlando. The plaintiff's voluntarily dismissed 6 of the 12 claims alleged against WOT. yesterday so the case should be somewhat easier for the judge now. Let's see how things evolve today - we are confident that the remaining 6 claims get also dismissed.

@Anonymouse

Post by @Anonymouse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:47 am

@Vesa P
we are confident that the remaining 6 claims get also dismissed.

My wishes.
I would like to listen whole update in today evening after hearing.
Case should be dismissed today bcoz there is not any fact behind it.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:54 pm

@ Vesa P =
I am a layman when it comes to this subject , but is my educated opinion that there is not a thread of evidence to the claims from these individuals
I hope that a strong message is sent to bullies trying to violate the right to free speech and I do hope that WOT countersuit for the fees paid to the lawyers of WOT
I am sorry that you have to get such experience, from " the Sunshine State ' and that next time you enjoy our beautiful beaches in well earned vacation
Best regards

Vesa P

Post by Vesa P » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:19 am

@SuperHero58 - agree, there is no evidence at all and the fact that we need to fight this kind of cases is ridiculous. However, it is good to get a ruling (and I am still 100% sure we are going to win) on this as it will prevent or at least discourage others filing similar law suits. The judge will make a decision within two weeks.

We still love Florida :0)

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 pm

Good luck
Maar gelijk hebben is niet hetzelfde als gelijk krijgen ( Dutch saying )
Let's hope for the best !

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:14 pm

Thank you, Vesa P! I infer that the oral hearing was yesterday, 1 December, in Florida, USA. The number of allegations were cut in half prior to the hearing. The judge will make a decision on the basis of yesterday's court activity. The decision will be issued on or before mid-December 2011, yes?

So far, so good! I appreciate your efforts to keep us informed, and understand that discretion is mandatory while litigation remains in progress. Updates are reassuring to the curious (me).
We still love Florida :0)
Florida still loves WoT, I am certain of that ;o)

Vesa P

Post by Vesa P » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:28 am

yes, the judge indicated he will make a decision within two weeks so we are now waiting for a early Xmas gift from Florida :D