computerrepairtech.com

jcamacho

RE: computerrepairtech.com

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks for the ratings I do see it going up a little bit.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:05 am

:( someone just downvoted me again.

Metuka_

Post by Metuka_ » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:22 am

According to Ghostery, you use 5 trackers, so I think you definitely need a privacy policy.

I haven't rated your site.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 am

The information gathered is nothing that cant be retrieved through normal statistics collected from the servers tracking except for luckyorange. Pingdom is response time tracking just on the home page I could get rid of that as its not that useful..and that twitter thing is a false positive as that hasnt worked in a while.

I will remove the twitter section and put a legal section there. Thanks I will get to work on that right away.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 am

Alright i've made the following changes:

Created a privacy policy
Removed the pingdom response time tracker.
Removed outdated twitter code and replaced it with legal section at the bottom of every page directly linking to privacy policy and terms of service.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:15 pm

As far as reviews what does the WoT community feel is the most trusted site to use? I mean detailed reviews from customers.

Right now i've been using sitejabber but clients sign up there and only review my site and no one elses so to me that makes it seem less legit. Also sitejabber won't move the reviews over from computerrepairtech.org to computerrepairtech.com so I think that makes it look less legit as well.

I was considering switching to webutation. What does the WoT community think about Webutation reviews? It takes WoT score into consideration and the reviews use facebook login.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't understand I added the privacy policy and i'm still being downvoted. My privacy is showing up as red now and a warning is being shown on my website from WoT. Please help me.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:50 pm

all the way down to 22 in privacy? you guys are monsters :(

I wish I knew why you guys chose to do this to my company.

jcamacho

Post by jcamacho » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Now 16? I now have a lower privacy rating than some malware sites.

Edit: Perhaps ratings just take a while to kick in and you guys downvoted me to these horrible ratings just because I didn't have a privacy policy in place?

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm

<quote user="jcamacho">
Perhaps ratings just take a while to kick in and you guys downvoted me to these horrible ratings just because I didn't have a privacy policy in place?
[/quote]\

Yes, I advise patience. I believe that this is a [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day t=_self]holiday weekend in the USA[/url] when fewer people will be at their computers. Although people are not necessarily required to explain their ratings, their increased responsiveness would obviously benefit this evaluation thread.

The WOT users among a site's customers and frequent visitors are often the best people to rate it. I'd guess that some of them have already partially rated computerrepairtech.com. WOT suggests that an owner encourage his site's visitors to rate it. Comments are not necessary and don't affect the ratings. However, it may be a good idea for people who leave scorecard comments to disclose their relationship with the site and that the site owner asked them to rate it. Otherwise, some community members may wrongly suspect that the sudden surge in comments has come from the owner's sock puppets.