icracked.com

evilfantasy

RE: icracked.com

Post by evilfantasy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:36 pm

<quote user="octoberinthechair">RE:GURBL - We're gonna need another thread for this.[/quote]

<quote user="a440">
Dude, GURBL also gave mailchimp.com a "green" rating yet these people are behind a spate of spam I am getting now and this is after I filed a complaint through their abuse department. You should really reconsider your rating for them as well.[/quote]

GURBL and Mailchimp both need separate threads.

As for this topic on icracked.com. The scorecard is in the green now. A few more positive ratings are needed and hopefully that will happen soon.

<quote user="martinamps">Thanks appreciated! Are there any other steps I can take?[/quote]

I reported the comment by GURBL on your scorecard but it hasn't been removed. Maybe other members need to report it also.

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:57 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">I don't think that the WOT staff will remove a comment because it is "erroneous"[/quote]

Erroneous? Really?

The WOT ratings system can't always adequately "fix" itself without human manipulation and the GURBL issue is a prime example. icracked.com should never have been in the red to begin with and GURBL is the only reason it was in the red.

The red rating that icracked.com had wasn't an error. It was an abuse of the MRT by GURBL.

Kathos

Post by Kathos » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 pm

I figured I'd checked the site out since we got something in common (GURBL). He hasn't responded to me either, it seems to be a rather bad pattern.
Yet another perfectly fine site and clean, damaged by him labelling random sites as spammers.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/9d476918490a0848e6dc95e86ad6526aad106f63e6b5d58793aa5b65cec09a0c/analysis/1393692752/

I'll leave a review in a moment.

Timo

Post by Timo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:28 am

This thread is meant for discussion about the icracked website and nothing else. Please don't use this as a way to discredit other community members.

If you see that someone is misusing mrt tool or our service in general, firstly contact user privately and if that doesn't work then moderators and admins. We also need to accept that everyone makes mistakes sometimes and we have to allow them to fix those.

In past GURBL has changed erroneous ratings in timely and good manner and has been responsive for users too. It seems that he has been less active last month. I discussed with him and he has been ever busy but is coming back to do his WOT homework.

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:43 pm

<quote user="timo">
This thread is meant for discussion about the icracked website and nothing else. Please don't use this as a way to discredit other community members.[/quote]

icracked.com and GURBL are mentioned for the same reasons in this topic. Because icracked.com had a red scorecard because of GURBL and it was no mistake IMHO. That's not an attack on anyones character it's the fact of why the scorecard was red.