Post by Guest » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:16 pm

LOL! I think we're all pretty intelligent people here
I have not doubts about the intelligence of the owner of the site
You have been rated in the negative for
We used to be an affiliate for a company who had a subscription
Spamming , promotion of unscientific products, fake safety seals
The payment page displays a fake Better Business Bureau (BBB) seal
And it goes on and on
BTW, if you meant to rate your site in the positive, you may do so now, if you want to
"I haven't rated"
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/reinventingaging.org?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc
Good luck

jbrisbane

RE: reinventingaging.org

Post by jbrisbane » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:10 pm

<quote user="superhero58">
LOL! I think we're all pretty intelligent people here
I have not doubts about the intelligence of the owner of the site
You have been rated in the negative for
We used to be an affiliate for a company who had a subscription
Spamming , promotion of unscientific products, fake safety seals
The payment page displays a fake Better Business Bureau (BBB) seal
And it goes on and on
BTW, if you meant to rate your site in the positive, you may do so now, if you want to
"I haven't rated"
https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/reinventingaging.org?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc
Good luck
[/quote]

SuperHero58,

Can you comment on what I had to say in response to your review... I'll address other peoples comments and make changes where necessary.

You stated in your review the following....

Site by proxy =
"Registrant Org Domains By Proxy, LLC was found in about 10,912,200 other domains"
"ClickBank is the retailer of the Fat Loss for Grownups product"
"How Saffron Extract Works as an Appetite Suppressant"
"The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to periodic company news, updates, and/or related product or service information, etc".
Dubius claims from a site by proxy
This could lead to spam
Not trusted or safe "

If your not going to respond or substantiate your comments, it seems you bring no value, regardless of whether or not you change your review of the website.

In case you need to read it again, my response to your comments was the following...

Thanks for reviewing our site. Our explanation to your comments is below.

We have a dedicated server at Hostgator under root IP address 142.4.21.90.

We do though pay for 2 different content delivery networks to deliver the content to web viewers which quickens the speed of our website.

We use a service provided by MAXCDN.com to deliver the site files to visitors.

We also use a Cloudproxy Website Firewall service provided by sucuri.net which protects our site from attacks which in turn protects our visitors from any attacks. You can read about the service they provide here:

cloudproxy.sucuri.net/

So allthough our site is delivered by proxy it is acutually a firewall that protects us and our visitors. Sucuri.net delivers our site under IP address 142.4.200.62.

I’ve attached an image that shows how the firewall has protected our site and its visitors from malware attacks.

reinventingaging.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/firewall.png

In addition we also have web security through McAfee Security which you can verify here:

https://www.mcafeesecure.com/verify?host=www.reinventingaging.org

As well as Trust Guard seen here:

https://secure.trust-guard.com/certificates/6919

In regards to your clickbank comment, we sell a product by the name of Fat Loss for Grownups. Clickbank is the merchant that handles the financial transactions and they require that we let our visitors know this as part of their terms of agreement. You can read about it here:

support.clickbank.com/entries/22857278-Required-Disclaimers

In regards to your comment about "How Saffron Extract Works as an Appetite Suppressant". This is simply an article where we promote a product that we sell called saffron extract.

In regards to emails. We collect emails from visitors who either buy a product or subscribe to our newsletter. It's standard practice for us to make them aware of how their email will be used.

In regards to Dubius claims from a site by proxy, you may have generated this comment because of the firewall our site sits behind which I explained above.

We hope you'll reconsider your position on your review.

Thanks

Josh "

skyelogic

Post by skyelogic » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:08 pm

jbrisbane asked me to review his site.

Selling "weight loss" products is a scam in general, especially when it comes to selling those products online. And like others have said, there's too much that hurts your site's reputation as a credible site:
Fake BBB. Poor history. Misinformation. Fake facebook likes. Spamming people to rate your site.
You use a .org name and you're not an organization ( or at least, i dont think you are? )

Site is suspicious and leaves people skeptical. I would advise children to be cautious. Don't believe everything they read or see.

Good luck with it. Come back when it's updated and I'll give it another review.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:55 pm

I, as several others were asked to rate in PM. . . I consider such as inappropriate.

Decline to rate due to lack of interest.

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Ref:
jbrisbane
06/16/2014 01:29:46 AM

Hello MysteryFCM,

I'm reaching out to you personally because I see that you have a long history on mywot.com and can likely help us in improving the user experience on our website.

Please take a look at our site evaluation as well as our responses to other reviews we have received. We are definitely willing to make changes based on comments we receive.

Please provide a valid rating or give us tips for improvement before posting your final rating to help make our site even better.

You can find our site evaluation request here: mywot.com/en/forum/47726-reinventingaging-org

Thanks,

Josh
Please stop PM'ing members with requests such as the above, it is highly inappropriate and will only damage your reputation as this is considered spamming.

Colorado.Chris

Post by Colorado.Chris » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:43 am

Why were you posing as someone from WOT asking me to leave a review of my experience? I haven't heard of this site before and your first impression from this thread is highly negative

cyberhick

Post by cyberhick » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:08 am

I too, was asked to rate this site. Unfortunately the site appears to be down this morning. Historically, my rating is red with such sites and a I have no real reason to change my POV. As for science, many of these 'health products' bend or manipulate the scientific process and provide false evidence. I have no issues with eating healthy and exercising regularly as a prophylaxis, but when it comes to weight loss there is no quick cure.

Dr Oz gets spanked:
hxxp://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/209611-dr-oz-gets-tough-treatment-on-weight-loss-claims

Cheers,
D~

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Not surprisingly, I've been receiving thousands of Dr Oz (and the many variants) spam via email for over a year ;o) (love taking down the IPs they originate from, and the sites routing through ;o) )